Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sliding engine, what transmissions ?

I came across a older sliding engine model with an equally old transmission setup. I have search the info on this site and didn't find any info on the transmissions (it is not a Pearless type). Can anyone describe how these work, is there a high low range? Are they fit for hard work? It doesn't run and I would be thinking about a repower, maybe a diesel engine. Don't know if this will work with a sliding engine, but my concern now is the transmission.

Re: Sliding engine, what transmissions ?

Hi John,
This transmission is a forward reverse only and built for a lot of work. To change from high to low range you just change the belt from one pulley to the other. As with all Speedex tractors just keep everything tight and greased and you will have no problems. That tractor can be repowered by anything that you can mount to it as the belt will tighten as you slide it forward. I have been looking for a small diesel for a repower myself.
Good luck!!!!
RonMWC9