Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Plows and 1240 tractor

Just bought a 1240 tractor and couple dirt plows and snow plows with it. I don't see much info on plows and how to mount and set-up. One I have is light and one is quite heavy. Not sure heavy one would work on small tractor. Both seem to mount on lift with the drawbar off? Light one inside the arms, heavy one outside, but has more holes for depth maybe?

Snow blade on tractor seems pretty light where it should pivot on main arm. Main arm is also light. Doesn't look good at all and bendable. The heavier one has beefed up area where it pivots and also some tabs on outer edge that maybe one could widen it?? Think I will look into mounting that one. Appears to mount on frame same way. The snow plow info here is diff than these. I DO have the plow as shown here on my 1430 tractor, a little heavier deal.

I am looking for later model, say about 88 tractors called Eagles and Falcons. Haven't seen one yet, only Brochures. Hydro sounds neat, but would look at either or any model. These generally are white or cream colored, not red as in past. OR maybe hydro models shown in the manual section here 17** and 18** models. Seems they use the same rearends as my MTD's have.