Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Late Model Snow Thrower

I recently uncovered the whereabouts of the snow thrower that was purchased originally with my 1994 Speedex 1892 and I have obtained it. The problem is, I do not know if I have all the parts nor know how it was supposed to be mounted. Because it is most likely one of the last, if not the last, unit sold by Speedex, I do not expect to find much info on it. But I have to ask--- Do any of my fellow Speedex enthusiasts have any info, pictures, manual or knowledge about this unit ? I believe the older model (pre 1980's) units may be a different design and thus mount different than the 1994. Any leads to a person who owns one would be appreciated. I have a thrower for my 1995 Strongland. Although my 1892 did come out of the same Pennsylvania factory, the snow thrower and mount for the Strongland unit is quite different.

I also obtained the original 66" mower deck that was purchased with the 1892. I I can rehab it to be operational, but wonder if it is worth the effort. Opinions are solicited as to whether that large a deck is really useful or practical for an 18HP Speedex. My lot does not warrant such a unit, thus I may be looking for a buyer. I do know that it is really heavy duty built !! It is so heavy I cannot pick it up. Does that have anything to do with getting older ?