Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1631 / 44" deck.

1st, I am in need of two shear plates for the mounting application of the mower blades to the gearbox shaft

...I took the one of the Peerless gear boxes apart, found them to be very well designed and strong built. Both of my boxes have the lower ball bearing at the blade shaft end worn very bad, the seals were almost unrecognizable. Peerless no longer supplies information or parts for them.

I found bearings on line and O'Reillys has the seals by national numbers. The drive end seal number is #471267 and the driven shaft (blade end) is #471730. Those are universal identification numbers. All four ball bearing are the same R14 Open Ball Bearing ID7/8 x OD1-7/8 x W3/8 Inches You have to designate the 3/8" width because some come in 1/2" and won't work because of the snap rings. FYI: mine hade Nachi EE8 bearings...EE8 crosses to the R14

These boxes are fairly simple to rebuild. Having tight gears boxes reduces the vibration that causes stress cracking in the deck shell