Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
need help to I.D. a speedex I just bought

hello, I just bought another speedex but I can't seem to I.D. it, it is an early lever steer model, and the motor slides from right to left to engage the double pullies, it has a forward/neutral/reverse gearbox similar to my S24 but turned sideways, it has 6-12 rear tires. the lever steer has been removed and someone welded a lug to the frame and hodge podged a steering wheel set up on it, they also welded an old door hing with a slot cut out of one side that flips down to keep it in or out of gear, I can post pictures of it if I can figure out how, but any leads as to it's model would be great, Oh yeah I forgot to mention it has a later style 11 h.p. briggs on it, I have not dated the motor but i'd guess it to be late 60's early 70"s and definatley not correct for this tractor. John