Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Speedex S24

Long time collector of garden tractors, just found my first Speedex a couple of miles from home. It's a S24, running and original except the starter-generator has been removed and replaced with a foreign car starter of some sort. A starter-generator was included with it though as was a deck. The seller says it is a 1960 model (?) but I have not picked up yet and have not checked the numbers myself. It will be a good one to leave as is for a survivor or an easy restoration.

Re: Speedex S24

I still haven't been able to get my "new" Speedex S24 home and check the numbers but I know now that it cannot be a '60 model like the seller thought. Maybe he meant sixties because it appears that S24s were not made until July of 1966.
I'm looking forward to getting it home and cleaning it up and firing it up.
If I can I will post a pic or two.

Re: Speedex S24

I finally got my Speedex home today. It runs good and I love riding it. I cannot find any numbers on the tractor but the engine appears to be the original and it is a 1972.
The seller gave me the contact info for the owner before him and I talked to the previous owner and found that he still has a bunch of attachments for the Speedex that he will sell. I'm going to check them out.