Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brakes on later gear drives

Have a couple of 1732 gear models. Seem hard to work on. Last year bought masters for one and cylinder kits. Never got back to it. Now have another and has similar systems, yet linkage opposite for pedals. Have to dig in this summer.

My latest one seems to have lost spark, cant figure out. I want to get into wiring. With hydraulics tank in dash and crazy steering tower in these, very hard to access. I'm thinking of cutting dash face out from tower and making a single panel dash plate that will unscrew from tower and lift up to access all wiring and gauges. Wont be stock, yet think I can make it look nice. What think of idea?

Also, there are several rear drive boxes on these. I'm not sure if each one has a fill and level port or if too much oil can go in and keep going down into lower boxes and over fill or what? My early tractor seemed to have that problem and filled brake drums with oil and soaked up shoes.