Canadian Immigration Forum

Welcome to my Canadian Immigration Forum  Please feel free to post a message if you have any questions for other Imigration gurus or  advice for any would-be-immigrants! ** Please not that posts will be monitored and any abusive posts will be removed. Immigration Issues ONLY please! Thanks.

Canadian Immigration Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Immigration Lawyers and other questions

Hi Emma,
Great idea to have this website and forum!!
I was wondering if you could tell me who you have used for your immigration lawyers? I used a firm in Toronto, applied at the end of January and have been told that my application will be processed in 45 months! If only I had applied 4 years ago when I first thought about it... Hindsight is a wonderful thing!!
Also, whereabouts are you relocating o once you get to Canada?
Cheers,
Karen

Email: coop27@ntlworld.com

Re: Immigration Lawyers and other questions

Hi Karen! I feel for you! I remember being outraged when we were told the processing time was 18 to 24 months!!! I can't imagine being told its 45. It doesn't matter which lawyer you use though - thats just the timing for the London Office - which any lawyer would have to apply to. For the record we used Ian Goldman (http://www.immigrationtocanada.org). We are planning to settle about an hour outside Toronto - far enough to be close to the ski hills and close enough to be able to go out in town( and visit my relatives and friends there)!! What about you??? Where are you planning to go? Do you have family over there? Are you the main applicant? Do you have other family - children etc. on the application too??? If so - how old? ALways great to find another fellow emigratee! Welcome to the CRAZY world of emigration!!! Anything I can help you with- just shoot! Best of luck! Ems xx

Email: emma@watch-us-emigrate.com

Hi Em,
Thanks for the reply. I am hoping to move to a place called Rondeau - it's in southwestern ontario about 1/2 way between London and Windsor, on the bay of lake erie - beautiful spot!! I have friends there who have a place for me to live, so to start with that's where I shall be. I have no family in Canada, well, not blood relatives, but I have been going back and forth for about 18 years since I went to College out there. I decided it was time to make it permanent!
I am emigratin on my own, so no other dependants to worry about! Who's to say that that won't change in the 4 year wait though!!
I'll keep you posted on any developments, though I don't expect to hear anything for a while!! Good luck to you too!! Karen

Well, my goodness - if its only you - you really don't have to wait - you can just get a job and stay there whilst your application is going through or go over on a student visa etc. I wouldn't be waiting if I didn't have any dependents!! Didn't your lawyer discuss all these possibilities with you??? Em.

Email: emma@watch-us-emigrate.com

I was contacted by some immigration lawyers who offered to find me a job if I paid them lots of money! But they thought that they could only get me a work visa for up to three years, and I don't want to have to come back for 6-12 months when that finishes whilst waiting for the PR visa. I also don't really have any spare cash, as it is tied up in my house, which will be sold once the visa comes through and I know I am going permanently...
I haven't really been informed of any other way to go about it, so if you have any ideas, they would be greatly received! K.

(c) 2006 watch-us-emigrate.com All Rights Reserved. Please ASK for permission to copy any part of this website. Thank you!