Canadian Immigration Forum

Welcome to my Canadian Immigration Forum  Please feel free to post a message if you have any questions for other Imigration gurus or  advice for any would-be-immigrants! ** Please not that posts will be monitored and any abusive posts will be removed. Immigration Issues ONLY please! Thanks.

Canadian Immigration Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Immigration Info

Hello there. O apologise for the delay is response. I didn't actually request any CAIPS updates. we were advised that we wouldnt hear anythign for 2 years and 3 months before that we got our 120 day letter exactly as predicted. THey appear to be great at sticking to their dealimes so if I were you I would expect to get a 90 day or 120 day letter 90 or 120 days before the date they said they woud process your application. I am assuming if you applied in April 2006 though that the stipulation of processing times at that time would have been more than 24 months? It has been rising steadily ever since we applied and currently stands between 3 and 4 years apparently. Did they definitely say 2 years to you when you got your AOR?? ( I am of course assuming you have applied at the London Office and refer to that office only myself)
Anyway - apprently its no good chasing the CHC because they only respond if the answer isnt something over and above what you can find out yosrself from research and they certainly dont have time to answer "how long is my application going ot take?" questions - otherwise they'd never be able to stick to their targets which they do so well!!

Anyway - any assistance I can be just ask - how are the rest of yoru plans coming along?

Em

Email: emma@watch-us-emigrate.com

Hi Emma, Thanks for the response. It is hard playing the waiting game, we applied to the london embassy in april 06. They told us it would be 3 years until we heard from them, but our CAIPS reports states they are expecting to complete the initial review on the 9th May 2008, this is earlier than planned and hopefully should progress to the medicals stage as we have submitted all the documentation as requested.
What is the process? Application, Initial review (AOR?), medicals etc?
I work for Ford Motor Co as a engineer and have currently taken up a position in Australia(been here a year)and then plan to move to Toronto as soon as our visa's get approved. We have made one big move already, so hopefully the next move should be easier.
How long have you been there now? Enjoying Canada?

Thanks,

Pepe Jdali

Email: pjdali@ford.com

Sorry Emma,

Last question should have been, when are you expecting visa approvals?

Pepe Jdali

Email: pjdali@ford.com

(c) 2006 watch-us-emigrate.com All Rights Reserved. Please ASK for permission to copy any part of this website. Thank you!