Return to Website

Brother Larry Ritchey                      " Free Spirit " Artist: Jillane Curreen

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support,  to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are.  They are there for the reason you need them to be.  Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.  Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.  Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.  What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done.  The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.  

There are many different responses to crisis. Most survivors have intense feelings after a traumatic event but recover from the trauma; others have more difficulty recovering — especially those who have had previous traumatic experiences, who are faced with ongoing stress, or who lack support from friends and family — and will need additional help.

What you share in this forum, may prevent that next Accident, that next Casualty

Make sure to add your Website and e-mail address !

On any given thread click the mail box or the PC icon for email and URL addresses

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
“My vision was blurred and I was reaching down to get a pair of sunglasses out of the passenger se

This accident was caused by a Distracted Driver, this is an a example of what bikers, hate the most!!!
------------------------------------------------------
By Ronica Shannon
Register News Writer

A multi-million dollar settlement resulting from a 2004 accident was awarded Feb. 7 to a Berea couple.

Raymond M. Powell III and his wife, Tamara, were awarded $2,251,940 by a Madison Circuit Court jury.

Powell was involved in an accident Oct. 8, 2004, that resulted in the amputation of his left leg and sued the defendant, Mary A. Muncie, for lost wages, impairment of earning capacity, pain and suffering and loss of spousal consortium.

He was struck by a vehicle being driven by Muncie while riding his motorcycle on Guinn Road near Berea.

During the trial, Muncie said she could not see at the time of the accident.

“I wear contact lenses and I re-wet them,” she said, according to trial records. “My vision ... was blurred and I was reaching down to get a pair of sunglasses out of the passenger seat side.”

Muncie, a resident of Guinn Road, was headed to Britton Chevrolet to return a loaner vehicle because her personal vehicle had received repairs over a three-month period.

After using the re-wetting drops, the sun from behind her was glaring and she pushed on her brakes and slowed down.

“But, at the time of doing that and reaching over to get my sunglasses, I hit something and I didn’t even see what I hit. I thought it was a large dog or maybe a small calf or something.”

After getting out of her vehicle, she noticed Powell on the ground and called 911, according to her trial statement.

Powell also is a resident of Guinn Road and was traveling to his home at the time of the accident, according to his account of the event.

“I saw her and she was taking up the better part of the road, so I got over just as far to the edge of the road as I possibly could without losing control of the motorcycle,” he said.

He was taken to the Saint Joseph Berea Hospital where he was flown to the University of Kentucky Medical Center.

Powell admitted during the trial that he was not wearing a helmet at the time of the accident.

He claimed to be traveling at about 30 or 35 miles per hour in the 35-mile-per-hour residential area.

The jury was instructed to award Powell a sum of money that would be a reasonable compensation for the damages he suffered directly as a result of the accident.

Powell and his wife were awarded $25,500 for wages or income lost while being away from work; $726,440 for permanent impairment of his power to earn money and $1.5 million for past, present and future physical, mental and emotional pain and suffering.

http://www.richmondregister.com/localnews/local_story_046215456.html?keyword=topstory