Return to Website

Brother Larry Ritchey                      " Free Spirit " Artist: Jillane Curreen

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support,  to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are.  They are there for the reason you need them to be.  Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.  Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.  Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.  What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done.  The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.  

There are many different responses to crisis. Most survivors have intense feelings after a traumatic event but recover from the trauma; others have more difficulty recovering — especially those who have had previous traumatic experiences, who are faced with ongoing stress, or who lack support from friends and family — and will need additional help.

What you share in this forum, may prevent that next Accident, that next Casualty

Make sure to add your Website and e-mail address !

On any given thread click the mail box or the PC icon for email and URL addresses

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Friends recall passion of accident victim

Friends recall passion of accident victim
http://www.theeagle.com/stories/022207/am_20070222005.php
By MATTHEW WATKINS
Eagle Staff Writer

Family and friends of Mike Weber spent Wednesday grieving his death and remembering his life after a College Station motorcycle accident the night before.

A Texas A&M student, Weber loved riding his motorcycle, his friends said.

"He loved to show it off," said Laura Diehl. "It was one of his prized possessions."

Weber was traveling north on Texas Avenue at about 7:45 p.m. when his motorcycle collided with a sport utility vehicle turning left from Texas Avenue onto Francis Drive, police said.

Weber was thrown from his motorcycle, and the SUV, which was driven by another A&M student, rolled onto its side, police said. Both Weber and the driver of the SUV, 19 year-old Carrie Blain, were taken to St. Joseph Regional Health Center in Bryan.

Chris Sindelar, Weber's friend and roommate, was riding his own motorcycle behind Weber when the wreck occurred.

"I held him in my arms when it all happened, and there was nothing that could have been done," he said.

Sindelar said the two were riding home from dinner to study.

"He hit [the SUV] in the middle," he recalled. "He slammed on his brakes, but there was only about 18 inches between him and the vehicle. There is no way that he could have stopped."

Weber, who was wearing a helmet, was pronounced dead at the hospital, police said. He was 20 years old.

Blain was treated for minor injuries and released from the emergency room Tuesday night, hospital officials said.

Weber's parents live in Houston and drove to College Station after the accident.

"I was at the hospital and I informed them of what happened," Sindelar said. "How do you tell a parent that their only child is gone? I met them at the hospital and they had a bunch of family with them."

Friends of Weber from College Station, Houston and from his old community college gathered at the hospital when news of his death started to spread.

"There was like 30 students at the hospital trying to give any comfort that they could," Sindelar said. He noted that the large gathering of people was a testament to the kind of friend Weber was.

Police shut down the northbound lanes of Texas Avenue around the scene of the collision, in front of the Chili's restaurant, for nearly five hours while investigators reconstructed the accident.

As of Wednesday, no charges had been filed, College Station Police spokesman Mark Langwell said, but the investigation will remain open until police have a better idea of what happened.

Friends said that they will remember Weber as an outgoing person who loved to have fun and be with his friends.

"He was just always the type of person who would try to make people laugh and smile," Diehl said. "Honestly, he was just an automatic friend to everyone he came into contact with."

Friends used Weber's profile on the popular Web site Facebook.com to share memories and say goodbye.

"We were always the one's who looked out for people ... now you're in a better place to do that," one friend wrote.

"You could always make me smile and if it wasn't for you I probably wouldn't have gotten through my first semester of college," another said.

Sindelar said that Weber's willingness to reach out to friends, or even strangers, is something that many of his friends will remember.

One example, Sindelar said, was when he offered to let a girl whom he had just met keep her dog at his house for more than four months.

"He helped me out through a lot of hard times. He was always there to talk to," Sindelar said. "He was just a very humble and kindhearted person."

The sophomore general studies major was pursuing a career in sports management and played football at George Bush High School, friends said.

"He loved learning and was completely obsessed with A&M," Sindelar said.

His parents moved to the United States from Romania, and he was fluent in Romanian as well as English.

"He was just a great guy," Sindelar said. "I understand that it was an accident and how accidents are, but it was at such a young age. He had a lot of dreams and goals."

• Matthew Watkins' e-mail address is matthew.watkins@theeagle.com.

Re: Friends recall passion of accident victim

Matthew,

If you will pass this on for us, please.

" A Texas A&M student, Weber loved riding his motorcycle, his friends said. "

Our heart felt sorrow, condolences, go out to the Weber family and friends.
This accident could have been prevented with a profound alert for " Motorcycle
Awareness", and "Distracted Driver" alerts from all media.

" Sindelar said that Weber's willingness to reach out to friends, or even strangers, is something that many of his friends will remember. "

Thank you for your articulate well read article.

With greatest respect,

All of us here at www.bacsuv.com

Garry Van Kirk
Bikers Accident Survivor Forum
www.bacsuv.com