Return to Website

Brother Larry Ritchey                      " Free Spirit " Artist: Jillane Curreen

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support,  to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are.  They are there for the reason you need them to be.  Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.  Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.  Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.  What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done.  The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.  

There are many different responses to crisis. Most survivors have intense feelings after a traumatic event but recover from the trauma; others have more difficulty recovering — especially those who have had previous traumatic experiences, who are faced with ongoing stress, or who lack support from friends and family — and will need additional help.

What you share in this forum, may prevent that next Accident, that next Casualty

Make sure to add your Website and e-mail address !

On any given thread click the mail box or the PC icon for email and URL addresses

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
hit and run

Hi everyone,
My wife and I decided to take a road trip the
week after our last child graduated from high school.
This was June,10th,1997.We left Antwerp,ohio and was having a wonderful time,after we payed the toll entering pennsylvania,I pulled the bike over looked into my wifes eyes and told her well sweetheart this is the beginning of our new life,all the kids were graduated and it was the start of just us again after 33 years of marriage.
One hour later,we were hit by a hit and run driver.It was a nightmare,not only the hit and run but the events right after.We laid on the rode and cars slowed down but didnt stop,we had cars slow down and go around us.This was around 10 at night.
Finally a lady whom I will never know stopped,she parked her car so no one would hit us
my wife was pretty much out of it,and I was feeling terrible pain in my leg.The lady reached down and held my hand,and a trucker stopped and called the police.
Then the next nightmare was the way the officer treated us.He questioned me,asking if I had my headlights on,asking me why,if I was going the direction I said I was,why was my bike was facing the other way in the opposite lane.Later He told me he could probably write me a citation,and he also stated to me it looked like I just laid my bike down,he wasnt sure I was hit by anyone.
I lost my leg below the knee,my wife came out in really good shape just minor injuries.In the hospital I called the officer and asked him to come take a statement from me for my insurance company.He told me"look you and your wife are alive I suggest you just get her when you are released and go back to Ohio"
I found out later from a hospital surgeon that there had been a biker get together, and this officer thought I was from that group,so the surgeon said I shouldnt hold it against him for the way he treated me!!!(do you beleive that?)
My insurance company and my lawyer ivestigated the hit and run and discovered red paint from a car on my bike,it was determined that I was indeed hit by a hit and run driver and they paid.
I know this is rambleing and I dont spell or type well.I just wanted to tell someone what we went through and I just now found this site.
We are not bitter,we are very happy to just be alive.although we are shocked by the way things went after the hit and run it was like a movie,not real
thankyou for reading this
ron,mary

Re: hit and run

Ron and Mary,

I am so glad God decided that it was not your time to go home.

Our aim is to make those, who share the roads, are aware of these types of accidents, they do happen. We appreciate your candor, Ron. This helps fill the gap for those who think, " it can never happen to me ".

To point out the reality of those, who elect to stop and share, (God bless them), their help in such a catastrophic accident, and pointing out the fact there are those who don't.

Ron, through our networking efforts, the forums and information we have available to everyone who visits, we will make our concerns, heared.

With greatest respect,

Thank you, Ron and Mary, for your support.

Garry