Return to Website

Brother Larry Ritchey                      " Free Spirit " Artist: Jillane Curreen

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support,  to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are.  They are there for the reason you need them to be.  Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.  Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.  Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.  What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done.  The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.  

There are many different responses to crisis. Most survivors have intense feelings after a traumatic event but recover from the trauma; others have more difficulty recovering — especially those who have had previous traumatic experiences, who are faced with ongoing stress, or who lack support from friends and family — and will need additional help.

What you share in this forum, may prevent that next Accident, that next Casualty

Make sure to add your Website and e-mail address !

On any given thread click the mail box or the PC icon for email and URL addresses

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Disabled Los Angeles Screenwriter Kitty Kavey Wins 20

----- Original Message -----
To: Kitty Kavey
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 8:52 PM
Subject: Smiles of thank you's...Have to ask you ...:>)

Kitty,

With your permission, would it be appropriate for me to ask if I could post this thread of e-mails in my forum to support other
motorcyclist in there time of need? At the same time, it may help you to think more about witting a story, and direct a documentary
concerning a catastrophic injured motorcyclist. This is my passion and desire, ...I am asking you for your help..too.

Sorry, but I had to ask..

Again, ..With greatest respect and a honor,

Garry

To: Garry Van Kirk
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 9:48 PM
Subject: Re: Smiles of thank you's...Have to ask you ...:>)

Please feel free. My personal website is www.KittyStar.com and anyone who would like to can email me anytime. I'm working on getting funding for a documentary on homelessness right now, but once that project is complete, I'll be looking for my next story.
~Kitty
www.kittystar.com

To: Garry Van Kirk
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 10:14 PM
Subject: Re: Smiles of thank you's...Hugs!!!

All's I want in life is for the things that are bad, to get better. For those who feel sorrow and pain to come to a place of joy and peace. America is the best country in the world, with the best people in the world. Bikers are a singular group that shares a bond of understanding. I remember we could ride into a town or a city anywhere in the country, and no one cared that we didn't have a place to stay, or whatever the stigma was - race, gender, age... It didn't matter. We were bikers, and where we found other bikers we would get together and there was a brotherhood. Friends, food, a floor to sleep on for the night, and lots of good stories. That's what I remember, and it was good.
~Kitty
www.kittystar.com

Wow, how time flies! I thought I'd update you following this thread. In September 07 I left the US to live in Holland. I began biking again, traveling throughout the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg.

It's amazing to me how much better bikers are treated over here by the public, compared to my experience back in the US. I may have died on my back back there, but here I feel like I can really live again.

My only complaint is the usual motorcycle clubs vs. the independant riders. I hadn't paid much attention to the biker gangs back in the US, except to read stories in the news when they did something good, (usually charitable/support causes they helped) or something bad.

Seems that they have even more power and influence over on this side of the world, and unfortunately don't get much press other than negative.

Other than that, the bikers I've met here don't care if you're disabled or not, a girl or a guy, old or young, rich or poor, a weekend biker or a "real" biker, Harley or other... Man, that's nice.

~Kitty