Return to Website

Brother Larry Ritchey                      " Free Spirit " Artist: Jillane Curreen

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support,  to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are.  They are there for the reason you need them to be.  Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.  Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.  Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.  What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done.  The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.  

There are many different responses to crisis. Most survivors have intense feelings after a traumatic event but recover from the trauma; others have more difficulty recovering — especially those who have had previous traumatic experiences, who are faced with ongoing stress, or who lack support from friends and family — and will need additional help.

What you share in this forum, may prevent that next Accident, that next Casualty

Make sure to add your Website and e-mail address !

On any given thread click the mail box or the PC icon for email and URL addresses

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thanks to Garry and BACSUV!

I owe at least a large bit of thanks to Garry and the site for all the support I was blindly shown from my February accident. More important to me was the overwhelming support for my wife and family. I received so many emails that I still have another thousand-plus to read through. A couple fellow riders got my story out and brought me a huge box of get-well cards from bikers across the USA, a few even sending checks! (As much as I could have used the cash, I either mailed them back or voided and posted them on my 'memory' wall.)

I could have easily died several times. I didn’t. I could have lost limbs. I didn’t. I could have become paralyzed. I didn’t. But I did find out how many people loved me. I did find out how many good people are out there in this great country. I was able to once again speak with God. (I’m not religious, nor ever will be, but I do believe in God and always have.) I returned to work on July 2nd and while I am not 100%, I am feeling great and getting stronger everyday.

Sadly, many do not survive accidents like mine. Many do not walk again, or suffer injuries that will never truly heal. Worse, some of these folks might not have many loved ones to support them. Sites such as Bikers Accident Survivor Forums are of huge importance, and while I have not participated in many conversations I have read many of the forums stories, gone to many of the links and have taken much inspiration to help fuel my recovery. Sometimes, maybe just a simple forum post can be the best communication a person can get.

Previously, the majority of my weekend rides were on charity runs but almost selfishly I admit the rides were more for my enjoyment, unless it was a Patriot Guard mission or similar function. As I am graced by God and lucky enough to be physically able to ride again, I will still ride plenty of charity runs, if not more. However, this time, I will carry the hearts of all those riders before me who no longer can enjoy what I can. Their spirit will always be with me in the wind. Even if I am riding by myself, I will never be alone.

With all my heart, thanks to any and all who thought of me, mentioned me in your prayers or maybe read my story. To Garry, many thanks not only form me, but from my wife and family as well. This site was- and is- a great inspiration to me and surely countless others. Bikers Accident Survivor Forums are a great resource, and a much needed one at that. I wish you much luck and send plenty of love.

To everyone else who can’t ride with me, please know your spirit rides with me.

It’s a wonderful thing to know that there really are good people left in this world, and for that, I thank you, one and all.

Best Regards,

Angry Inch

Re: Thanks to Garry and BACSUV!

Angry Inch,

Hey, thanks brother! You just get out there and get that 100% wellness feeling and ride with the wind to your back and the rubber side down, chrome side up.
Glad and very happy your doing great Angry Inch..my mouth beams with Smiles brother!!!

With greatest respect!!

Garry Van Kirk