Return to Website

Brother Larry Ritchey                      " Free Spirit " Artist: Jillane Curreen

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support,  to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are.  They are there for the reason you need them to be.  Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.  Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.  Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.  What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done.  The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.  

There are many different responses to crisis. Most survivors have intense feelings after a traumatic event but recover from the trauma; others have more difficulty recovering — especially those who have had previous traumatic experiences, who are faced with ongoing stress, or who lack support from friends and family — and will need additional help.

What you share in this forum, may prevent that next Accident, that next Casualty

Make sure to add your Website and e-mail address !

On any given thread click the mail box or the PC icon for email and URL addresses

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My husbands life is worth more than 41.00

----- Original Message -----
To: Admin@ChrisRuss.net
Sent: Saturday, September 08, 2007 1:44 PM
Subject: We are all very sorry for your loss of Chris,

Amy,

We are all very sorry for your loss of Chris,

Our sincere condolences go out to you, your family and friends......

“my name is amy russ. i am the wife of christopher russ who was killed may 25 2007 while riding home from work on his motorcycle. he was traveling in the left hand lane on philadelphia pike at the speed limit and wearing a helmet when a driver of a van entered the roadway from the wachovia bank parking lot. the driver admitted to seeing my husband but thought he had enough time so continued to enter the roadway and then stopped blocking the entire northbound lanes and even partially the one southbound lane. my husband had no time to react ,if he went left he would have hit head on southbound traffic there was a car to his right he had no where to go and literally a second to react. he chose to lay the bike down which subsequently led to his death from multiple injuries. the driver of the van was charge 41.00 for not yielding the right of way and operation of a vehicle while causing a death. the police after a 2 and a half month long investigation obviously felt this charge was warranted, now that charge is on hold pending a supreme court decision
i am not a malicious vengeful person nor was my husband but myself and my family have suffered a tremendous loss. we are the victims and the ones who suffer everyday. how would you feel had it been one of your family members? a 41.00 fine for losing my husband is unacceptable. i was raised that mistakes or not there are consequences that come with those actions. i am not accusing this man of murder but it was broad daylight and there were no obstructions and he admitted he saw him. when driving you are responsible for that vehicle and obeying traffic laws and to think that this man drives for a living and he still has a license is absurd. he deserves some sort of punishment. my husbands life is worth more than 41.00. wheres the justice? if you agree with this please sign my petition at www.chrisruss.net. any families who are affected by this same situation please contact me through the above web site. accidents are one thing but pure negigence is another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Chris’ story can be found at: http://www.chrisruss.net.

I will post this letter in my forum and will pass it on to others....

With my deep felt respect for Chris and for his family,

Garry Van Kirk
Bikers Accident Survivor Forum
www.bacsuv.com
bikeraccsurvivor@bacsuv.com

justice for motorcycle accident victims

my brother in -law was just killed on may 25 2007, by a driver who was in a rush and made a left out of a wachovia bank pulling out less then 10 feet in front of chris motorcyle killing him .. the driver was given a $41.00 fine , chris was given a death sentence. we are trying to chenage the laws bthat allow a man life to be worth only $41.00, please take one minute of your time and read the facts if you agree please sign our petition for congress and pass it on. please help this father of three find justice ... thank you, jenny eves please go to CHRISRUSS.NET

PETITION LINK FOR CHRIS RUSS

The petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/chris1220/

My husband Christopher Russ, Sr. was killed on Friday, May 25, 2007 while on his way home from work. Chris was traveling the speed limit North on Philadelphia Pike in Claymont, DE in the left hand lane on his motor cycle. Chris was an excellent driver and had no past accidents or moving violations. Chris was wearing a DelDot approved helmet when a driver of a van pulled directly out in front of him while trying to make a left hand turn South bound onto Philadelphia Pike. It is stated in the Police report and quoted by witnesses that the driver looked left and saw the motor cycle but still continued to pull out and then proceeded to stop directly in the North bound lane giving Chris no time to react. Chris layed the motor cycle down to the left and slid into the front left tire of the van. He was killed upon impact suffering massive head and torso trauma. The driver was sited only for failure to yield the right of way and received a $41.00 traffic ticket. Myself, along with family and friends do not find this to be an adequate punishment for taking a life so carelessly. We are looking for a charge of operation of a vehicle causing death. A judge in Sussex county found it to be unconstitutional while a judge in Kent county found it to be constitutional. This will now be decided upon by the Supreme Court.

Chris was a loving husband, father, son, brother, friend, and uncle. Chris will be remembered by all for his willingness to help others,outgoing personality, and his ability to succeed at everything he did. He was an unbelievable businesss man and an excellent father, loving husband, and wonderful friend to all.

We need your help in getting justice for Chris. Chris no longer has a voice thats why we are now his voice and are asking for your support in signing this petition.