Return to Website

Brother Larry Ritchey                      " Free Spirit " Artist: Jillane Curreen

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support,  to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are.  They are there for the reason you need them to be.  Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.  Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.  Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.  What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done.  The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.  

There are many different responses to crisis. Most survivors have intense feelings after a traumatic event but recover from the trauma; others have more difficulty recovering — especially those who have had previous traumatic experiences, who are faced with ongoing stress, or who lack support from friends and family — and will need additional help.

What you share in this forum, may prevent that next Accident, that next Casualty

Make sure to add your Website and e-mail address !

On any given thread click the mail box or the PC icon for email and URL addresses

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
getting nothing

on july 23, 2007 i was on my bike when a guy crossed over into my lane and hit me head on. he had no insurance. i suffered a left below knee amputation,my femur was cracked in half now has a rod going through the bone to hold it together,my intestine was severed had to remove 1 foot of it,upper spinal injury,some brain trauma plus road rash. i was going around 50 MPH. this guy got away with a couple hundred dollars in fines. i have bills that are past due my rent is due in 7 days 1100 dollars i don't have. what the hell am i gonna do? i dont know. i cant seem to find any help with my bills. dont get me wrong i dont want handouts but work in a wheelchair is hard to find.

Re: getting nothing

Joseph,

I have sent your request for help out to our supporters and as soon as we can we will have answers for you.

If you will, Joseph contact Conal Doyle at conal@wiloughbyoyle.com for legal advice.

He will help you in trying to obtain compensation. Conal is our legal advisor, very helpful, I must say.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you Joseph and please keep me informed.

Garry Van Kirk
Bikers Accident Survivor Forum
www.bacsuv.com
bikeraccsurvivor@bacsuv.com

----- Original Message -----
To: Garry Van Kirk
Cc:Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 1:55 PM
Subject: Re: getting nothing - Bikers Accident Survivor Forum

Garry: Just a note - we (ASMI) preach to bikers that they can't hope that the person who hits you has insurance, you must protect yourself by purchasing adequate insurance. I feel for this guy It's been less than two months since his traumatic crash. Work might not be as hard to find once he has healed.

As a public service to bikers, Hupy & Abraham law firm (a law firm in Milwaukee who specializes in representing injured motorcyclists) made a 45 minute DVD explaining how to purchase adequate insurance as a motorcyclist. It's free. Anyone can call 800-800-5678 to request this video.

Vicki Roberts-Sanfelipo, RN/EMT
Director Accident Scene Management, Inc.
President of SOS & Conspicuity Inc.
We've Moved!!! Please make a note of our new address:
W246 S3244 Industrial Ln. A
Waukesha, WI 53189
www.accidentscene.org
info@accidentscene.org
www.conspicuityinc.com
info@conspicuityinc.com
(877) 411-8551 - toll free
(262) 521-2880 - local
(262) 436-0286 - fax

To: Garry Van Kirk ; pegleg07@comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 1:58 PM
Subject: Re: getting nothing - Bikers Accident Survivor Forum

Holy Crap man! This sounds identical to my accident. You can read about it here: http://home.earthlink.net/~bdmpastx/

What state are you in? There are several programs out there to help you get back on your feet. Give me a call bud and we can talk about it on the phone.

281-851-5818 Cell