Return to Website

Brother Larry Ritchey                      " Free Spirit " Artist: Jillane Curreen

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support,  to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are.  They are there for the reason you need them to be.  Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.  Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.  Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.  What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done.  The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.  

There are many different responses to crisis. Most survivors have intense feelings after a traumatic event but recover from the trauma; others have more difficulty recovering — especially those who have had previous traumatic experiences, who are faced with ongoing stress, or who lack support from friends and family — and will need additional help.

What you share in this forum, may prevent that next Accident, that next Casualty

Make sure to add your Website and e-mail address !

On any given thread click the mail box or the PC icon for email and URL addresses

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Unfortunately, I was one of the victims of an inattentive driver.

----- Original Message -----
To: 'Garry Van Kirk'
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2007 7:58 PM
Subject: RE: KILL 0R MAIM A MOTORCYCLIST-GO TO JAIL/PAY A FINE

Garry,

Unfortunately, I was one of the victims of an inattentive driver. He pled no contest to a failure-to-yield charge, paid a fine, and walked away free as a bird. He never said he didn’t see me, he said “I thought I could beat him”. Talk about impaired judgment. If he thought he could beat me, how the hell did he hit me with his right front. Where is the justice here? He gets off with a several hundred dollar fine, and I get 2.5 months in a COMA, almost five months in intensive care, 8 months with 24 pins through my leg, amputation after 8 months of all that, and, not to mention the 3 million dollars in medical bills. Here’s another clincher, in the state of PA (where the accident happened), drivers are only required to carry $15,000 of accidental medical, whether they are at fault, or not. In my case, he may as well not even had insurance. Lucky for me, I had better insurance coverage that enabled up to live for the year-and-a-half that me and my wife were out of work.

There are many reasons for this type of accident, many of them listed here. Many tend to forget that driving is a privilege, not a right. The American public has become much too comfortable driving. I have watched drivers that pay more attention to their pet, than they do to their driving. One of my pet peeves has become drivers that make turns with a cell phone in their ear. I have been beside many that are not watching and go wide in a turn, encroaching on the parallel turning lane. I don’t ride a bike anymore, but I do drive a full-size pickup. I am just waiting for some idiot to challenge me in a turn lane. A day doesn’t go by that I don’t miss riding, something that an inattentive driver took away.

If you think I’m bitter, you are right on. An-Eye-For-An-Eye? How about a Leg-For-A-Leg? I am doing better now, but my life ended the day that idiot’s mind was on something else, and I just got in the way.

Keep up the fight,

Ron K.

Re: Unfortunately, I was one of the victims of an inattentive driver.

Hate and bitterness does no good. The other person isn't affected by it. Only you and the people around you are. You have to look at it like Lee Beaver. It is just one of those things that life gives you. What was done to us is nothing. A real bummer would be to have someone kill your child. That would hurt. This is just life. What dosen't kill you must make you stronger, not bitter.