Return to Website

Brother Larry Ritchey                      " Free Spirit " Artist: Jillane Curreen

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support,  to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are.  They are there for the reason you need them to be.  Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.  Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.  Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.  What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done.  The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.  

There are many different responses to crisis. Most survivors have intense feelings after a traumatic event but recover from the trauma; others have more difficulty recovering — especially those who have had previous traumatic experiences, who are faced with ongoing stress, or who lack support from friends and family — and will need additional help.

What you share in this forum, may prevent that next Accident, that next Casualty

Make sure to add your Website and e-mail address !

On any given thread click the mail box or the PC icon for email and URL addresses

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: City considers motorcycle safety awareness campaign

Get them in touch with M.A.C.
macorg.com
They do the signs and such and are a 501C3 org. I've dealt with them and they are good people. So far they've gotten things going in louisiana to the point where you can get Motorcycle Awareness License plates for your car or truck.
They also do billboards and have gotten an increased section about motorcycle awareness introduced into the Driver's Ed programs in Louisiana.
Great outfit that I'm proud to be part of.

Re: City considers motorcycle safety awareness campaign

Any rider understands the need for more safety programs. I have to commend any one who actively seeks to get the most "bang for the buck". The sad reality is that the "buck" becomes the issue. Larger cities are probably more advantaged at finding funds and/or the volunteer man power to effectively lead a program. Of course, at the same time, larger also means more demands. A city who can find a "hole" in their budget large enough to support such a plan must be applauded.
They also need to be shown support by riders and the typical groups that back riders.
I, coming from small town Ohio, see a much higher need for a state supported program. This, of course, creates that whole "find it in our budget" scene again. Here we have a handful of legislators who have shown a lot of promise in the field of rider safety. A current house bill (#158) gave me reason for hope. If you have knowledge of "rider friendly" legislators, please, do all your friends a favor & throw any and all support you can at them. Contact the "a-list" with a thank you. Then, let your own Representatives know you are aware of efforts that you believe they should join forces with. Start a petition drive at any & all events you are associated with during the year. A little work goes a long way if you truly desire a safer riding environment.
I have one complaint for state level assistance. I contacted the 2 top state level ABATE reps by e mail weeks ago. After 3 weeks with no response, I hit them again with a "I guess you don't care" letter. Amazingly, this prompted a, "I responded" letter back.
Funny thing is, my computer didn't get it. (must of been technical difficulties). The whole point of my contacting them was avoided. I was told to check my mail & read their site's info (before spouting off), yet with this response, they showed no sign of ever getting the point of my letter regarding a petition program with ABATE's support at events through out the state in 2008.
So folks, I regret to tell you, but I found a more compassionate ear, and more active concern for our safety in my statehouse, than in the biggest rider driven, (dues charging), politically active motorcycle group with national, as well as state level offices. (Maybe they didn't like my admission of not being a dues paying member)...... (That won't be changing soon, I guarantee it!).