Return to Website

Brother Larry Ritchey                      " Free Spirit " Artist: Jillane Curreen

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support,  to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are.  They are there for the reason you need them to be.  Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.  Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.  Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.  What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done.  The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.  

There are many different responses to crisis. Most survivors have intense feelings after a traumatic event but recover from the trauma; others have more difficulty recovering — especially those who have had previous traumatic experiences, who are faced with ongoing stress, or who lack support from friends and family — and will need additional help.

What you share in this forum, may prevent that next Accident, that next Casualty

Make sure to add your Website and e-mail address !

On any given thread click the mail box or the PC icon for email and URL addresses

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: my accident August 7th 04 that left me a Paraplegic after 20 yrs of riding

How you doing Chris?

Just a note to let you know that even over a year later, your story & determination still means alot. I found these great people in March of 08. I too was blown away by the outpouring of careing, kind people and their words of support. I've grown close to a few, and appreciate them all. Feel free to touch base sometimes. I do with Garry & others. I won't be back to work till at least mid July, still healing from my 5/12/07 wreck thanks to ...(you guessed it), a rental car driven by a failure to yield brain fart. Broadsided at 35 mph, I was extremely lucky with no helmet on. In my case I'm certain the extra weight on my head would have caused any one of 5 neck fractures to cut the artery causing me to bleed out internally. My Dr. couldn't believe it didn't happen as it was. Hey, given another shot feels pretty darn good! Keep up the positive outlook & let us know how your doing.Hope to hear from you sometime!

Another Rider Taken Down, But Not Silenced....
Jeff

Re: my accident August 7th 04 that left me a Paraplegic after 20 yrs of riding

Hi
I am back in Alaska,just moved back up here.Its Great to be back,but driving past the accident scene brings back so many memories,I think I had kinda let go....but life is good...I can also be found on myspace by looking up akcowboymagic or by searching email search akcountrychris@yahoo.com for being in a wheelchair I have been able to do so much,....look at the photo albums .....I encourage anyone who has had an injury to get back to life,and for those of you who can ride,well I miss it so much,I just had to sell my bike due to finances,I had kept it for three years hoping to trike it,just funds were always to tight....but someday I want to ride again.....I miss it so much...I just heard a siren go by my house and it seems I always stop and say a prayer when I hear them....it doesnt matter what kind of accident your in...ours on bikes tend to be more traumatic...but whenever it alters or changes your life....its so major,exspecially with loss of limbs or paralysis...My prayers out for you guys having fun riding....keep rubberside down and ride to live...I live to ride again.
Chris