Return to Website

Brother Larry Ritchey                      " Free Spirit " Artist: Jillane Curreen

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support,  to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are.  They are there for the reason you need them to be.  Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.  Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.  Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.  What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done.  The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.  

There are many different responses to crisis. Most survivors have intense feelings after a traumatic event but recover from the trauma; others have more difficulty recovering — especially those who have had previous traumatic experiences, who are faced with ongoing stress, or who lack support from friends and family — and will need additional help.

What you share in this forum, may prevent that next Accident, that next Casualty

Make sure to add your Website and e-mail address !

On any given thread click the mail box or the PC icon for email and URL addresses

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Children left behind

My nephew is thirty years old. He sings in a rock band in Denver Colorado. Most people see him on stage happy and full of energy but behind it all there is something that they don’t know. When he was almost two his life was changed for ever. His dad, only 21 years old was killed in a motorcycle accident. His whole life has been just a question of “what if ?
Motorcycles are cool but if you have kids take them into consideration. Trust me they never get over it.
He sings a song called “Stars” that I later found out it's about a night last summer he spent at the cemetery crying on his dads grave. You can hear it at www.myspace.com/vanadiumrock
What would life had been like if he survived? No one knows.

Re: The Children left behind

I can't begin to feel what that emptiness in life would be like. It's a sad reality that all too often hits home and in the case of a child, never feels fair or just. So many children today are raised without a parent who "Chooses" to not be a part of their life. To grow up knowing your parent was lost at a young age themselves, and no bonding ever got to take place that would build the memories they long for could only be seen as tragic.

I'm happy to hear your nephew is musically inclined. It, perhaps more than any other thing, can be the outlet he needs to vent and explore his heart at the same time. I bet he's one heck of a singer, especially when it comes from his heart. That's the best music there is.

My wife & I always took our children into consideration when we went about our activities. I'm sure your nephew did also. The sad fact is things get away from our control all too often. One can only imagine the hurt one feels knowing they're not able to be around anymore.

I would agree with you that everyone needs to see what they have & think of the loss suffered by anyone not being here tomorrow. At the same time, living for today is what we do.

Lets never forget yesterday, for all who were there were important.

Lets not forget tomorrow is not promised to us, but is there if we need it.

Most of all, lets not forget to live for today, and enjoy the glory that has been left for our enjoyment. With memories of the past, & dreams of the future.

And never be too busy to be the hand that guides the weary as they make their way, too often, on their own.