Return to Website

Brother Larry Ritchey                      " Free Spirit " Artist: Jillane Curreen

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support,  to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are.  They are there for the reason you need them to be.  Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.  Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.  Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.  What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done.  The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.  

There are many different responses to crisis. Most survivors have intense feelings after a traumatic event but recover from the trauma; others have more difficulty recovering — especially those who have had previous traumatic experiences, who are faced with ongoing stress, or who lack support from friends and family — and will need additional help.

What you share in this forum, may prevent that next Accident, that next Casualty

Make sure to add your Website and e-mail address !

On any given thread click the mail box or the PC icon for email and URL addresses

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
more preventable accidents this year?

hello all
my name is aaron i was just surfing, and came up with this site.
i feel for every one of you having lost friends family and riding buddies, glad to see there is help.
i come from a motorcycle family, got my first bike when i was 4 and been riding ever sence, my racing carear was over before it started..9 years old and i had a nasty crash. 3 hairline fractures in my neck, 2 in my back, and 20-30 odd broken bones.(keep in mind i was only 9)
my support group was my dad and mom, dad fixed the bike and talked me through it and my mom changed my diapers. needeles to say i had to become a man real quick, my theropy was having my race bike in the garage wanting me to ride it.

since i work at a motorcycle shop now i have seen so many accidents caused by the riders themselves...
in our area, there have been 8-10 fatal crashes this summer not involving another vehicle.

last month a motorcyclist and his wife was crusing down the highway when their rear brake locked up. he slid it down and sustained a fatal head injury.

a guy on a sport bike overcooked a turn low sided went through the grass medium and fatally struk an embankment.

a close friend of mine (first bike) would not listen to us bought a roadstar. he had 88 miles on the bike when he went down (failed to negotiate a turn) broke off the ball on his right shoulder, and other repairable bones.

the list goes on and on. if yoou see someone struggling riding help them out if you can.
i am glad that i had the time to read your stories, and see that there is a support group, it also helped me realize how lucky i was as a kid, that i could still ride another day.
god bless and may you ride another day.

aaron (face_plant)