Return to Website

Brother Larry Ritchey                      " Free Spirit " Artist: Jillane Curreen

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support,  to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are.  They are there for the reason you need them to be.  Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.  Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.  Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.  What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done.  The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.  

There are many different responses to crisis. Most survivors have intense feelings after a traumatic event but recover from the trauma; others have more difficulty recovering — especially those who have had previous traumatic experiences, who are faced with ongoing stress, or who lack support from friends and family — and will need additional help.

What you share in this forum, may prevent that next Accident, that next Casualty

Make sure to add your Website and e-mail address !

On any given thread click the mail box or the PC icon for email and URL addresses

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Amputee Ride June 6, 2009

The next amputee fundraiser ride will be June 6th, 2009 leaving Fat Daddyz Tattoo's in Burlington, WI @ 11:00am ending at Racine Harley Davidson with life music and fun to raise money and awareness for amputee's. Check out my space for updates.

Re: Amputee Ride June 6, 2009

Hi Cat!,

After reading this post, I remembered seeing something last year regarding this event, or one like it. I'm prompted to get more info on the effort.
I'm thinking by the date that it was right as I first logged on that I read something about this from you.

It sounds like an awesome thing being done and my hope is the support is equally as awesome. You can either e mail me, or ad to this post. (That may be best for others to read as well).

Either way, how did you get the idea stated? Do you get good local support / promotion? Have you ever had support / help from organizations such as A.B.A.T.E.?

I applaud your efforts, and wish I was closer & able to do something in it's support. I look forward to hearing more about your efforts and reading about the events' success. If a mailing address is available for donations, could you please make it available?

The economy is hitting us all pretty hard, but God willing, we'll find a way to throw something your way in support. Hope to hear from ya soon, Cat. Keep up the effort!!

Jeff