Return to Website

Brother Larry Ritchey                      " Free Spirit " Artist: Jillane Curreen

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support,  to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are.  They are there for the reason you need them to be.  Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.  Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.  Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.  What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done.  The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.  

There are many different responses to crisis. Most survivors have intense feelings after a traumatic event but recover from the trauma; others have more difficulty recovering — especially those who have had previous traumatic experiences, who are faced with ongoing stress, or who lack support from friends and family — and will need additional help.

What you share in this forum, may prevent that next Accident, that next Casualty

Make sure to add your Website and e-mail address !

On any given thread click the mail box or the PC icon for email and URL addresses

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Our riding season is gearing up. How safe are we?

I've just finished writing to our local major newspaper. The events of the past week prompted it. The announcement of new automated speed control devices to be used in school zones primarily, touched a spark off on me. Did I go over the top on this?

Any response will be welcome. The letter went like this:

I've read recently about the new speed monitoring devices in Lima. I believe the school zones are to be targeted. The safety of the kids should and must be #1.

I don't live in Lima, but do work on the east side of town. I support all actions promoting their safety. I was myself hit by a car on my way to work on my Harley, nearly 2 yrs. ago. I know first hand how much safety, awareness, and the need for improving driving habits are needed. That one day will effect me the rest of my life.

A few things crossed my mind when first hearing of the new equipment. Then, a few things happened to me to prompt this letter. Understand, I have no problem with any law enforcement agency. Just some random thoughts.

Two days after reading about the new devices, as I drove home from work on Robb Ave. around 1:15 pm, it hit me how most of the traffic was going 10 mph over the 35mph limit. The driver of the silver Lincoln, surely saved a life since you donated the banana peel in front of The Eagles to the road as you drove close to 50 mph.

The Jameson overpass area is the same. And that includes the school zone. It's out there daily.

Now fast forward to Friday night. I'm going to work at 2 am. The same Robb Ave., no traffic, and I AM doing the speed limit. 1 block from where I was hit, I met a State Trooper going the other way with another car ( probably just released. )

He immediately did a U turn in the intersection of Main St. ,(illegal?), and had to speed to catch up to me. While tailgating me to Sugar St., I started to boil. I was going to work, legal in every since of the word. He met a "better fish" on Sugar St, U turned again, and I went on to work.

Now, DUI"s are nothing to laugh about. And anyone seen not in control of their car needs to be checked out. I don't question their job, it's dangerous, and deserves respect. Their actions seem more dangerous then the non aggressive public, driving safely and legally is all I'm saying.

Back to Lima Pd. New equipment? You have radar, a running car, and an officer inside. Couldn't a lot of money be brought into the city's funds by making better use of them? Oh, that's right, I heard on the radio the use of the new equipment isn't meant to be a "money maker". Maybe it's just less labor intrusive.

The traffic isn't slowing down on it's own. For safety's sake a little help would go a long way. What message is being sent here? There are kids and bikes everywhere. They deserve better protection.

Safe driving everyone. And LOOK TWICE - SAVE A LIFE. The bikes are back!

This is only one small area in the city of Lima, Ohio. It goes on everywhere. One accident has made me, a former gear headed big block Chevy driving guy, a person who now at 52 sounds like a wimpy old fart. (I never saw it coming)

Have a happy and safe new year everyone.