Return to Website

Brother Larry Ritchey                      " Free Spirit " Artist: Jillane Curreen

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support,  to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are.  They are there for the reason you need them to be.  Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.  Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.  Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.  What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done.  The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.  

There are many different responses to crisis. Most survivors have intense feelings after a traumatic event but recover from the trauma; others have more difficulty recovering — especially those who have had previous traumatic experiences, who are faced with ongoing stress, or who lack support from friends and family — and will need additional help.

What you share in this forum, may prevent that next Accident, that next Casualty

Make sure to add your Website and e-mail address !

On any given thread click the mail box or the PC icon for email and URL addresses

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage

On July 17, 2008, I was the passenger in a fatal motorcycle accident. My boyfriend is the one who was driving and the one who died. There were no other vehicles involved - we were traveling too fast to be able to take a curve in the road safely. A car was turning onto the road in front of us and he crashed us into a field, no doubt thinking that I had a better chance of living if he did. We crashed through a fence, boulders, and a street sign, sending me 95ft and him 75ft, ripping his helmet off and killing him. I suffered multiple injuries and was not expected to be out of the hospital for at least 4-6 months. I thought he had insurance on the bike, but apparently he had let it lapse. I was days away from medical at work, so I had to file bankruptcy on almost a quarter million dollars worth of bills. I carry full auto coverage, but of course it wouldn't pay anything. I cannot tell you how important it is that if you are going to ride, you NEED to be responsible about it! I had help from family for the first six months, but since then I have been doing it completely on my own - the emotional part I have done on my own the entire time. It is extremely important to be responsible - it is such a huge mess for others to clean up if you aren't.