Return to Website

Brother Larry Ritchey                      " Free Spirit " Artist: Jillane Curreen

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support,  to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are.  They are there for the reason you need them to be.  Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.  Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.  Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.  What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done.  The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.  

There are many different responses to crisis. Most survivors have intense feelings after a traumatic event but recover from the trauma; others have more difficulty recovering — especially those who have had previous traumatic experiences, who are faced with ongoing stress, or who lack support from friends and family — and will need additional help.

What you share in this forum, may prevent that next Accident, that next Casualty

Make sure to add your Website and e-mail address !

On any given thread click the mail box or the PC icon for email and URL addresses

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
You Gotta Be Kidding Me

OK, so we all know the stories about those damned distracted drivers. One got the best of me in May of 2007.

I'm going on 3 years past that day. I've endured a lot with follow up surgeries, infections, nerve damages, & some lost functions (probably for life).
But don't get me wrong, I'm alive. I'm grateful & I thank God for that. I'm doing just fine.

So, I'm at work a couple weeks ago, 4:30 in the morning, & I just don't feel right. After nearly collapsing, I ended up, within an hour, on my way to the hospital.

My blood pressure had "spiked", for whatever reason. It was my birthday. The weather was terrible, & my wife & 2 kids were 15 miles away stuck at home. I spent my birthday with strangers, giving the best of health care.

The 2nd day, as they drove to see me, they barely avoided a serious accident. They clearly had a green light. It was an intersection of 2 four lane roads, with each direction also having a left turn lane with traffic lights. It seems a cell phone was in a hurry crossing a busy intersection against a very red light.

It had snowed & blown severely the past two days. Being in a hurry was the last thing anyone should be doing. Yet there she was, nose in the air, total disregard for any one's safety, & oblivious of what was taking place. Horns blew. People just shook their heads in disbelief.

The fact that this happens every day makes me sick. That kind of ignorance & arrogance nearly killed me 2 & 1/2 years earlier. Now it nearly kills my family as they come to see me in the hospital. By a cell phone being driven by an air head. The "horns blasting" didn't make her flinch. She was in a world all her own, trying to take mine away from me.

Can you imagine being set for testing for a possible heart attack & being told your family was lost on their way to see you? Yea, You Gotta Be Kidding Me !

Come on people. Get a grip of priorities. Use the damn phone only when it's safe. Drive like it's the privilege that it is. Realize each wrong move can be fatal. And remember death is finale.

Is it worth taking a life? You Gotta Be Kidding Me!!