Ultimate Aviation Links Forum

Welcome to the NEW Ultimate Aviation Links Forum! Feel free to post your aviation questions, comments and stories.

Ultimate Aviation Links Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: A&P

Steve granted there has been a decline in the major airlines with layoff of pilots and other personnel. But it is slowly on the upswing. Does the technical school your looking into offer any job placement assistance. There are jobs out there as I've been looking as I'm getting ready to retire from the Navy in 10 months. I've been a jet mechanic for the last 18 years and have been an A&P for the last 8. If being an A&P mechanic is what you really want to do then go for it. Good luck in your endeavors.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I will graduate from high school this year and I wanted to attend a technical school to get my A&P but with the decline in the market I was wondering if this is still a good idea. Are there any jobs out there now for someone fresh out of school. Thanks.

Re: Re: A&P

Steve,go into helicopters!! The time is now! And for the forseeable future.There are not enough good helicopter mechanics.Because we have expensive health care,the hospitals think they can provide better service by getting you to the hospital in 13 minutes instead of the normal 30 minutes.... And for this service.... your health care provide will receive a large bill... But you have a job maintaining this helicopter...

Submit A Link | Aviation Message Board | Aviation Classifieds | A&P Schools | Aircraft For Sale
Aircraft Manufacturers | Aircraft Part Manufacturers | Aircraft Part Distributors | Aircraft Rentals | Aircraft Repairs | Airparks
Airports | Air Disasters | Air Shows | Aviation Jobs | Aviation Publications | Aircraft Organizations | Charter Services
FBOs | Flight Attendants | Flight Schools | Flying Clubs | Military | More Categories | Home