Lets talk Lee

The Lee Majors Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Son of the Beach

Lyn,

Sorry I have not seen Apocalypse Now, so I can't make the comparison. Can anyone else help us?

Di

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I guess maybe its a kinda satire on 'Apocalypse Now' (Colonel Kurze)?

Although that would be hard to satirise...........

So the names are obvious (Adolf Manson eg) How about the dialogue?

Darn it! I'll just to have to see it to be sure. Rats.

Just curious ( as ever )

Replying to:

Note: Lee is Col. Kooze.

DI

Replying to:

Son of the Beach - September 17, 24, 2002

Yes, the shows are continuing each week!

Lee was really only in the beginning and end. The opening scene is Notch dreaming about his time in Viet Nam. Lee was his CO and they blew up a Viet Kong Village and while they are looking things over Lee gets captured, and while they drag him away Lee is saying "never tell" and Notch things Lee is dead, he saw him hanging from a tree. So back to the present Notch is getting an award and a reporter asks him about the massacre of the Viet Kong Village (named Tam Pon). So he gets brought to trial and he won't defend himself because he won't talk since Lee told him to never tell. So he is found guilty and he being taken away to prison when he sees Lee standing in the crowd. That’s how it ends. So really Lee was only in the beginning scene and end one. (this is a synopsis from Cubster)

Jailhouse Notch Part 2

Notch is doing time. Col. Kooze is the one man who can exonerate Notch and he is alive. Notch needs to escape and find Kooze. He asks the warden for a furlough. The warden laughs and sticks Notch in the hole until Kooze orders Notch eliminated. As Kooze and Warden are making money on selling drugs to inmates and now that Notch is in prison, they can expand in the civilian sector. Notch wins the gladiatorial match with Adolph Manson. Kooze tries to kill Notch but a mysterious sniper interrupts. (this is FX website)

Note that part 1 synopsis was repeated at the start of part 2 - don't think that I missed anything by not seeing part 1.

DI

Replying to:

Thanks Di,

What was the story line? (It is a Baywatch spoof sort-of, right? Or do I have that wrong?)

Is there one, a narrative ..... or is it maybe a scenario/situation with the characters reacting/ interacting?

Is Lee appearing in 2 or 3 episodes?

Are they sequential or 'freestanding'(sorry about the design terminology there, the right word just escapes me right now, must be late.

cheers

Replying to:

We-ell, first off the show is a really bad show, unless you like crudeness and naked bodies. BUT- Lee was great as usual. He looked handsome and showed off his chest. There was a scene where Lee laughs an evil laugh with Potsy from Happy Days, and it is just so funny - it justs make me laugh. It was enjoyable just because Lee was in the show. But, Lee, as a bad guy - still can't picture that well. But, Lee likes comedy and variety, so we sure are getting it lately, hey?

Replying to:

So... How was it?

Huh? Huh?

Replying to:

Son of the Beach with Lee Majors to air on September 24 at 10 PM ET according to an advertisement on FX!! Great news!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Son of the Beach

Di

I saw Apocalypse Now (Martin Sheen,Marlon Brando, etc directed by Francis Ford Coppola) when it first came out, that must have been... 1980/81 ( in New Zealand at least).

That was also soon after I saw Coming Home (John Voight, Jane Fonda, Bruce Dern, Robert Carradine), and I must confess to going through an anti-war/anti vietnam period after this. (Naturally, my flatmates of the time, agricultural students, whose favourite occupations were rugby, eating any skerrick of food in the house and drinking beer weren't too interested at the time............ but anyway, thats an irrelevant tangent )

I saw Apocalypse Now with my dad (who had been an engineer in the army). This may seem slightly ironic, in hind-site. He too was quite moved.

Anyway..........definitely A.N. is a very powerful movie. Based on the Conrad book Heart of Darkness (the evil side of man reflected in the world and actions around him).

Here are a few descriptions of the plot from IMDB:

" Captain Willard (Martin Sheen), whose mission is "Terminate with extreme prejudice", receives orders to seek out a renegade military outpost led by a mysterious Colonel Kurtz (Brando) during the Vietnam war "

" Burnt out Captain Willard is sent into the jungle with orders to find and kill Colonel Kurtz who has set up his own army within the jungle. As he descends into the jungle he is slowly over taken by the jungles mesmerizing powers and the battles and insanity which surround him. His crew begins to succumbs to drugs and are slowly killed off one by one. As Willard continues his journey he begins to become more and more like the man he was sent to kill. "

Well, the jailhouse drugrunning could be construed as 'his own army'...?

Actually, as an aside i believe A. N. is being rereleased - definitely worth a viewing

Replying to:

Lyn,

Sorry I have not seen Apocalypse Now, so I can't make the comparison. Can anyone else help us?

Di

Replying to:

Just curious ( as ever )

Replying to:

DI

Replying to:

Lee was really only in the beginning and end. The opening scene is Notch dreaming about his time in Viet Nam. Lee was his CO and they blew up a Viet Kong Village and while they are looking things over Lee gets captured, and while they drag him away Lee is saying "never tell" and Notch things Lee is dead, he saw him hanging from a tree. So back to the present Notch is getting an award and a reporter asks him about the massacre of the Viet Kong Village (named Tam Pon). So he gets brought to trial and he won't defend himself because he won't talk since Lee told him to never tell. So he is found guilty and he being taken away to prison when he sees Lee standing in the crowd. That’s how it ends. So really Lee was only in the beginning scene and end one. (this is a synopsis from Cubster)

Jailhouse Notch Part 2

Notch is doing time. Col. Kooze is the one man who can exonerate Notch and he is alive. Notch needs to escape and find Kooze. He asks the warden for a furlough. The warden laughs and sticks Notch in the hole until Kooze orders Notch eliminated. As Kooze and Warden are making money on selling drugs to inmates and now that Notch is in prison, they can expand in the civilian sector. Notch wins the gladiatorial match with Adolph Manson. Kooze tries to kill Notch but a mysterious sniper interrupts. (this is FX website)

Note that part 1 synopsis was repeated at the start of part 2 - don't think that I missed anything by not seeing part 1.

DI

Replying to:

Thanks Di,

What was the story line? (It is a Baywatch spoof sort-of, right? Or do I have that wrong?)

Is there one, a narrative ..... or is it maybe a scenario/situation with the characters reacting/ interacting?

Are they sequential or 'freestanding'(sorry about the design terminology there, the right word just escapes me right now, must be late.

cheers

Replying to:

We-ell, first off the show is a really bad show, unless you like crudeness and naked bodies. BUT- Lee was great as usual. He looked handsome and showed off his chest. There was a scene where Lee laughs an evil laugh with Potsy from Happy Days, and it is just so funny - it justs make me laugh. It was enjoyable just because Lee was in the show. But, Lee, as a bad guy - still can't picture that well. But, Lee likes comedy and variety, so we sure are getting it lately, hey?

Replying to:

So... How was it?

Huh? Huh?

Replying to:

Son of the Beach with Lee Majors to air on September 24 at 10 PM ET according to an advertisement on FX!! Great news!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Son of the Beach

oh, a bit more:

Just about as classic as it gets

The Doors' "The End" playing as the jungle is bombed. Kilgore's infamous line "I love the smell of napalm in the morning." The dawn attack of the Vietnamese village with "Ride of the Valkyries" blasting.

These are just a few of the great many classic scenes in 'Apocalypse Now' that help make this movie such a legend.

I've never seen Martin Sheen match his performance in this film as Willard. Laurence Fishburne essentially gets his feet wet as Mr. Clean. Robert Duvall is superb as the emotionally hardened Kilgore. Dennis Hopper portrays the crazed American photographer just as that role should have been. Harrison Ford gives a brief yet commendable cameo. And Marlon Brando is chilling as the psychotic Kurtz, with one of the most memorable lines in the film: "The horror...the horror."

Now those lines I believe were in Son of the Beach?

Lyn

"

Replying to:

Di

I saw Apocalypse Now (Martin Sheen,Marlon Brando, etc directed by Francis Ford Coppola) when it first came out, that must have been... 1980/81 ( in New Zealand at least).

That was also soon after I saw Coming Home (John Voight, Jane Fonda, Bruce Dern, Robert Carradine), and I must confess to going through an anti-war/anti vietnam period after this. (Naturally, my flatmates of the time, agricultural students, whose favourite occupations were rugby, eating any skerrick of food in the house and drinking beer weren't too interested at the time............ but anyway, thats an irrelevant tangent )

I saw Apocalypse Now with my dad (who had been an engineer in the army). This may seem slightly ironic, in hind-site. He too was quite moved.

Anyway..........definitely A.N. is a very powerful movie. Based on the Conrad book Heart of Darkness (the evil side of man reflected in the world and actions around him).

Here are a few descriptions of the plot from IMDB:

" Captain Willard (Martin Sheen), whose mission is "Terminate with extreme prejudice", receives orders to seek out a renegade military outpost led by a mysterious Colonel Kurtz (Brando) during the Vietnam war "

" Burnt out Captain Willard is sent into the jungle with orders to find and kill Colonel Kurtz who has set up his own army within the jungle. As he descends into the jungle he is slowly over taken by the jungles mesmerizing powers and the battles and insanity which surround him. His crew begins to succumbs to drugs and are slowly killed off one by one. As Willard continues his journey he begins to become more and more like the man he was sent to kill. "

Well, the jailhouse drugrunning could be construed as 'his own army'...?

Actually, as an aside i believe A. N. is being rereleased - definitely worth a viewing

Replying to:

Lyn,

Di

Replying to:

Just curious ( as ever )

Replying to:

DI

Replying to:

Jailhouse Notch Part 2

DI

Replying to:

Thanks Di,

cheers

Replying to:

Replying to:

So... How was it?

Huh? Huh?

Replying to: