The Lee Majors Forum

Lets talk Lee

The Lee Majors Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: TV Land Award Show

I agree. I applaud you, Mr. Majors, for publicly supporting our military in the face of liberal Hollywood who takes our freedoms for granted and lives in an unrealistic, pampered, fictitious world with no concept of reality. Thank you for taking a stance when in the minority. You are in the majority with the rest of us non-Hollywood, non-Ivory Tower types. Good for you!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

AMEN! Mr Majors, I think you were suprise that your heartfelt plea was met by cold silence. You should have heard our family! We cheered and applauded you sir. I always liked your acting, now I have a great respect for you personally. AW

Replying to:

I hope somehow someone can get this message to Lee Majors. As a small town girl from Ky I was so proud of Lee Majors' behavior on the TV Land award show. His comments concerning praying for our men and women in the Armed Forces showed such class and humility, unlike Rob Reiner's hysterical tirade expressing his political views, which were totally inappropriate for that award show. Rob Reiner show take lessons in appropriate behavior from Lee Majors.

God bless you Mr. Majors

Re: Re: Re: TV Land Award Show

Although I am not a liberal person who takes her freedons for granted and I do not live in an unrealistic, pampered, fictitious world and I believe I have a rather stark veiw of reality, I do not agree with this war. Launching an unprovoked atack against a country that has never attacked us is not protecting my freedom. It is taking freedom from others. It is arrogant to believe that the people of Iraq are begging for us to 'free' them from the slavery of Islam and Saddam Hussien.

However, I too found his comments to be appropriate. Prayer is always an appropriate thing. No one wins in war and I will pray for the grace that God will end this war quickly in spite of the desires of many to prolong it as if it is a desirable thing.

For those of you who have family in the military, I pray that they will return to you soon, safe and sound. For those who have lost or will lose a family member, I will pray that God will be with you in your time of need and that you will be with him.

Please remember that God does not bend to our will. It is our arrogance that leads us to believe that He supports us in our wrong doing.

So, good Christians, ask youself, what would Jesus do? You may want to start with the beattitudes. Also remember that Jesus, God incarnate, died for sins He did not commit. He did not defend himself, He urged others to turn the other cheek. He was never the aggressor. Never, never, Never, EVER was he the aggressor!

If the immitation of Christ is how you try to live your life, well, then the only rational response to what would Jesus do? He wouldn't have gone to war, that much I am certain.

I also beleive, he wouldn't bash or make fun of others for having differing opinions. Making fun of, or invalidating someone's else's stance by belittling them through ridicule is exactly not what free speech is all about. It is, in fact, an attempt to opress someone else. Rob Riener did not have a hysterical tirade. He did, however, express his political views, as did Lee Majors. Both have a right to their opinions, but I would personally prefer that neither of them used the awards forum to express it. But, that's just my opnion.

Replying to:

I agree. I applaud you, Mr. Majors, for publicly supporting our military in the face of liberal Hollywood who takes our freedoms for granted and lives in an unrealistic, pampered, fictitious world with no concept of reality. Thank you for taking a stance when in the minority. You are in the majority with the rest of us non-Hollywood, non-Ivory Tower types. Good for you!

Replying to:

AMEN! Mr Majors, I think you were suprise that your heartfelt plea was met by cold silence. You should have heard our family! We cheered and applauded you sir. I always liked your acting, now I have a great respect for you personally. AW

Replying to:

I hope somehow someone can get this message to Lee Majors. As a small town girl from Ky I was so proud of Lee Majors' behavior on the TV Land award show. His comments concerning praying for our men and women in the Armed Forces showed such class and humility, unlike Rob Reiner's hysterical tirade expressing his political views, which were totally inappropriate for that award show. Rob Reiner show take lessons in appropriate behavior from Lee Majors.

God bless you Mr. Majors

Re: Re: Re: Re: TV Land Award Show

For those of you that actually WATCHED the show - you will be aware that Rob Reiner's 'tirade' was actually a role play that he and Sally Struthers did as their * All in the Family* characters. Surely, if you haven't seen the actuall programme and know the context, the clips they showed of the show should have told you that. In the show Meathead protested the Vietnam war along with other liberal issues current from the times.

Lee Majors didn't express any opinion on the war. He expressed an opinion on the men and women in the military. Actually an entirely different thing if you think about it!

Man! Hypersensitive man!

TV Geek

Replying to:

Although I am not a liberal person who takes her freedons for granted and I do not live in an unrealistic, pampered, fictitious world and I believe I have a rather stark veiw of reality, I do not agree with this war. Launching an unprovoked atack against a country that has never attacked us is not protecting my freedom. It is taking freedom from others. It is arrogant to believe that the people of Iraq are begging for us to 'free' them from the slavery of Islam and Saddam Hussien.

However, I too found his comments to be appropriate. Prayer is always an appropriate thing. No one wins in war and I will pray for the grace that God will end this war quickly in spite of the desires of many to prolong it as if it is a desirable thing.

For those of you who have family in the military, I pray that they will return to you soon, safe and sound. For those who have lost or will lose a family member, I will pray that God will be with you in your time of need and that you will be with him.

Please remember that God does not bend to our will. It is our arrogance that leads us to believe that He supports us in our wrong doing.

So, good Christians, ask youself, what would Jesus do? You may want to start with the beattitudes. Also remember that Jesus, God incarnate, died for sins He did not commit. He did not defend himself, He urged others to turn the other cheek. He was never the aggressor. Never, never, Never, EVER was he the aggressor!

If the immitation of Christ is how you try to live your life, well, then the only rational response to what would Jesus do? He wouldn't have gone to war, that much I am certain.

I also beleive, he wouldn't bash or make fun of others for having differing opinions. Making fun of, or invalidating someone's else's stance by belittling them through ridicule is exactly not what free speech is all about. It is, in fact, an attempt to opress someone else. Rob Riener did not have a hysterical tirade. He did, however, express his political views, as did Lee Majors. Both have a right to their opinions, but I would personally prefer that neither of them used the awards forum to express it. But, that's just my opnion.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

God bless you Mr. Majors

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TV Land Award Show

I know this is old by now, but since I started this whole thing, I would like for your to know I did indeed watch the whole thing. Yes, I got it. Rob Reiner did use the "Meathead" character to express HIS political views. I have heard those same sentiments expressed when Rob Reiner was being himself. He only used Meathead as a means to get his views across, and I still believe he came across as hysterical, and Lee Majors did not. I have no idea what Mr. Majors' political views are, because I did not hear him express any--only to pray. As the Red Head Girl said herself,(and she is totally against the war) she still prays that the war ends soon. I think we all feel that way, and I only heard Mr. Majors express that desire. Anyway, that's old news now, and I would really like to focus on getting our soldiers back home safely and praying for their safety while they are in Iraq.

I really did not mean to instigate anything. I just wanted to compliment a man whom I have admired for a long time and I still think he completely outclassed Rob Reiner in every way. He at least said thank you for the award.

Replying to:

For those of you that actually WATCHED the show - you will be aware that Rob Reiner's 'tirade' was actually a role play that he and Sally Struthers did as their * All in the Family* characters. Surely, if you haven't seen the actuall programme and know the context, the clips they showed of the show should have told you that. In the show Meathead protested the Vietnam war along with other liberal issues current from the times.

Lee Majors didn't express any opinion on the war. He expressed an opinion on the men and women in the military. Actually an entirely different thing if you think about it!

Man! Hypersensitive man!

TV Geek

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

God bless you Mr. Majors

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TV Land Award Show

Oh, honey, you didn't start anything. This war permeats everything and sometimes I can be a little reactionary. i do, after all , havered hair. (that's my excuse, and I am sticking to it!)

You are exactly right, he did nice thing and it was good of you to point it out.

PLease ignore the little red haired girl behind the curtain!

Replying to:

I know this is old by now, but since I started this whole thing, I would like for your to know I did indeed watch the whole thing. Yes, I got it. Rob Reiner did use the "Meathead" character to express HIS political views. I have heard those same sentiments expressed when Rob Reiner was being himself. He only used Meathead as a means to get his views across, and I still believe he came across as hysterical, and Lee Majors did not. I have no idea what Mr. Majors' political views are, because I did not hear him express any--only to pray. As the Red Head Girl said herself,(and she is totally against the war) she still prays that the war ends soon. I think we all feel that way, and I only heard Mr. Majors express that desire. Anyway, that's old news now, and I would really like to focus on getting our soldiers back home safely and praying for their safety while they are in Iraq.

I really did not mean to instigate anything. I just wanted to compliment a man whom I have admired for a long time and I still think he completely outclassed Rob Reiner in every way. He at least said thank you for the award.

Replying to:

Man! Hypersensitive man!

TV Geek

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

God bless you Mr. Majors

Re: Re: Re: Re: TV Land Award Show

Dear little red haired girl.

God in fact sent christians on many missions that required total destruction of villages and people, including women and children, to kill the wicked.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

God bless you Mr. Majors