D.I.D. a Legitimate Diagnosis
[Message Forum]

Guestbook

I Candy Little being the only operator of this web site and Message Forum comply with C.O.P.P.A. [Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998] with the new requirements for protecting children's privacy online and understand the FTC's enforcement authority; Therefore I do not collect any type of information from children under the age of 13.

Candy Little

Copyright Statement / Privacy Statement  / Disclaimer Statement

D.I.D. A Legitimate Diagnosis Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just a little note for you all!

I just wanted to let you all know that I may not be able to write much on the boards for a while because of my health.
I had an MRI last week because of severe pain that I've suffered with for over three years now and has just gotten so much worst in the past few weeks and I got the results today from the surgeon.
He said that my spinal cord is compressed so badly that within a month or so I would probably be paralized if I hadn't gone in now. My surgery is scheduled for Nov. 27 (I think my husband said; I was kind of out of it from the pain pills I was on plus a little shocked at what we were hearing).
Anyway the Dr. said that he will go in and add some bone around the spinal cord and also put in some plates (not sure how to describe any of this but he will go more into detail when we go back in later this week. Today was just to see if I needed surgery and what he can do.
He said there's still no guarentees, I could still become paralized between now and surgery date and even afterwards and gave me strict orders to keep doing what I've been doing which is laying down as much as possible. He also said that I will more than likely still be in pain after the surgery and recovery and then again this could cure all the pain.
My hubby and son are going to his brothers for Thanksgiving but I don't want to try to make that trip because of the road conditions, bumps and pot holes, it's just too long of a drive for me to make at this time. I'll just rent me a few good movies and keep myself busy here; and oh yea enjoy the peace and quiet LOL.
Well guess I'll go lay back down for a while, the pain is not so bad when I lay down and stretch out.
Wishing you all a very wonderful Thanksgiving!
Candy
Webmaster

Re: Just a little note for you all!

Hey Candy. I've definately missed hearing from you. I was worried about you. Thanks for writing on the forum and letting us all know. I'll be praying for you.

Glad to hear from you. :)
Take Care of yourself.

Thank you so much for the prayers! I had my surgery Monday and it was worst than they originally thought. They ended up grafting bone on three levels and just removig the disc an then they fused them all together.
The doctor told me that this is the second worst kind of surgery a person can have on their C-Spine meaning that any of these grafts have the ability to not take and then I'm left with only two more levels of good discs. I never thought that a few herniated discs coudl do this much damage but I came very ver close to being paralyzed.
I'm feeling better and better by the day so hopefully I can be back on here more.
Ejoy your holiday shoping and wrapping. This year my hubby and son get to make all choices around here as far as what we'll eat and whether we have a tree and oh my gosh what kind of decorations will it have on it LOL. Should be interesting.
Have a lovely evenining and keeping you all in my thoughts!
Candy