D.I.D. a Legitimate Diagnosis
[Message Forum]

Guestbook

I Candy Little being the only operator of this web site and Message Forum comply with C.O.P.P.A. [Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998] with the new requirements for protecting children's privacy online and understand the FTC's enforcement authority; Therefore I do not collect any type of information from children under the age of 13.

Candy Little

Copyright Statement / Privacy Statement  / Disclaimer Statement

D.I.D. A Legitimate Diagnosis Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need Help

I'm hoping for someone to shed some light on this with someone in which I have grown to love. I cannot tell you how many conversations we have had over the past 2 years, yet they are like dealing with different people, different voices and different memories.

When we first me on January 9, 2007, everything seemed great, there were some very strange stories from everyone that came in contact with him, but I brushed them off, because I always make my own impressions.

We started talking on the phone everyday for 5 solid months, talking 2 to 3 hours daily. The reason we talked on the phone was because I lived in FL and him in VA, so the phone was all we had.

We had a meeting to attend in February in Dallas, we communicated doing study breaks and it was fine. Later that night I went to his room to test the waters and to see if he wanted me or just sex, when I was kissing him, he pulled me away, and stated "We cannot do this, this is forever and I want to do this right". OMG was I shocked, because this guy really liked me for me for me.

We planned to finally meet in May, in VA for his 39th birthday. Everything went great, but once he said the words "I'm in love with You", everything started to slowly change. After those words we're lying in bed and he says, "Please don't treat me like them?" In a child like voice, I asked who and he stated his family, and I asked how they treat him, there was no response, ever.

He introduce me to his family, so in June they came for a visit in FL. All of us went to dinner, and had a great time. Things changed quickly outside the restaurant. I had asked if I was going to be seeing him later, well the answer I received was, "No, you're not family, and you'll never come first, and you can see anybody you want". What? But what really shocked me was his posture and eyes. His eyes turned "Glassy", he stood in perfect posture. His voice tone changed from a loving individual, to an unaffected, unemotional, flat sounding voice. Time went on, I forgave him, because the next day, he acted as if nothing had happened.

The following month we are around the family at dinner, mom and I were talking about old times, and childhood memories, then all of a sudden he stands up, the chair goes flying back, he screams at us, "That is enough of that conversation we are going". He left and went outside, I followed, I was amazed at the sight all over again. Him standing there in perfect posture, not saying a word, "Glassy" eyes, and it seemed as though everything I was saying was bouncing off of him and onto me. I over looked it, even though I knew something was wrong here.

Then July rolls around, we went to Vegas for my 38th birthday, we had a great time. My sister and brother-in-law met us, as our families were now intergrated. After dinner one night, we left the restaurant, everything seemed fine. He was tagging alone behind, and I teased him saying "Come on Mama's Boy", because those 2 are the oddest pair I've ever seen together for a mother and son. When she is around him, his posture changes and he slumps over, shoulders rolled forward, and he treats her like a good little boy. Anyway his reaction was terrifying. He came charging across the mall, hits me in the head, and starts screams, and his hands waiving everywhere and saying, "Don't you ever tease me, No one ever tease me". I instructed my sister to calm down, because the same eyes were back and posture, there was something wrong, and I knew it.

Later that night in the hotel room I wanted it addressed, him curled up like a little boy, with the most weepy eyes you've ever seen, saying "Don't you ever just get so mad you have to hit someone or something?" My answer was no, but I understood his pain.

Then September was the real fun, he went to a wedding for a friend, but after the wedding he went "Poof" when I finally got ahold of him a week later, his voice sounded flat again, but in the middle of the conversation it changed, and he told me that he turned "Gay" at the wedding, "You don't understand I never do that, I turned into somebody else"; "I think I'm going crazy, I need counseling, help me".

In October he went to his 20 year reunion, he was tossed out by security guards, I asked why, he said "I don't know why, I was having a good time, here is my last photo and I don't remember the rest".

Then the poofing started more and more, I started to get nasty emails out of the blue, and when questioning them he stated, "Please over look them, as I don't know why I do these things, I guess it's my protective side". He calls on October 28, tells me he doesn't love me, he only chose me because I was good looking in a flat voice with no emotion. A week later back to loving me saying we're never breaking up, you know I love you, just trust in my love.

These stories go on and on, and only get worse over the next 6 months, and yet he never remembers any of this. Please help.....

Re: Need Help

Dear Alton, i am sorry no one has answered your plea for help i just found this forum. unfortunately i think everyone here is looking for answers but have none for anyone else. maybe some other forum can help? we are all like your boyfriend, lost and confused. i have been dealing with this for 10 years now i am told. i have found no one to help. there is only one way for me to put an end to this nightmare. i think about it everyday. i digress. try a different forum. all the experts in this field only write books and speeches. they never actually help anyone. believe me, i have begged them. they just want fame and riches. they don't care about the people they use to get rich off of. try other forums. there are some really nice ones. i peersonally don't remember their names... that is someone elses job i guess. someone may help. God bless you, marc

PS i don't know what happened to the owner of this site. she shhould have at least responded. maybe she is experiencing a set back. i lose weeks and months and years at a time. that may be her case.

Re: Need Help

Hi, I just found this site. and I do not know if you are still in contact with this man. If you are still in contact with him he needs help and needs someone who is compassonate and understanding someone who can help get to the root some how and help him piece him self together. I guess I have it i just went through a very uncomfortable roll. It scared the day lights out of me and i was waking up shaking and now the slighter noise bothers me. the hospital was no help at all. I just found a phycologist ( pardon my spelling I was never good at it) Who uses emdr and another modaity. and he seem compassoniate. I hope you can talk him into getting help because I believe it can be cured. Take care and good luck