D.I.D. a Legitimate Diagnosis
[Message Forum]

Guestbook

I Candy Little being the only operator of this web site and Message Forum comply with C.O.P.P.A. [Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998] with the new requirements for protecting children's privacy online and understand the FTC's enforcement authority; Therefore I do not collect any type of information from children under the age of 13.

Candy Little

Copyright Statement / Privacy Statement  / Disclaimer Statement

D.I.D. A Legitimate Diagnosis Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good therapy session today

Hi everyone,

I really had a great therapy session today. I told my counselor how I was feeling about last week. He apologized and explained more about what he was saying. Once I understood more about what he was trying to say, many of my inner family felt so much better.

God has really shown me this week how to deal with the situation with my stepdaughter and how to give her love and affirmation about who God made her without invalidating myself and what I need.

I also learned so much today about a protector part of me that is not allowing access to younger children in my system. I realized today that I need to go to that protector and set up a time to talk instead of expecting that part to come to me.

I hope that everyone is doing well today.

God Bless,
Melissa

Re: Good therapy session today

Hi Melissa! That's great that your therapy session went so well, I'm so glad that you talked to your counselor about last week. Do you think that this made you feel more comfortable with him now that you know you can actually speak up without being in trouble?
I had a very good session myself today! Even after eleven years now of being in treatment, we are still struggling with each other inside. I couldn't beleive it when they called from the office to remind me of my appointment, I thought I had just been in last week but it had been four weeks so I have really been losing time. But I think we've touched on what the problem is so now I just have to work on it.
So glad to hear from you! Please keep posting!
Candy

Yes, I feel more comfortable with him now. It really helped for him to explain what he meant by the things that he said in the last session.

I really dealt with a lot regarding putting my therapist on a pedastal. It was just so nice to feel safe and protected. I realized that I cannot put anyone on a pedastal. God is the only rock to place my trust and foundation. Everything else is bound to fail. That's humanity. It gives me a new perspective about my healing. My therapist cannot heal me. Only God can heal me. My therapist is only a vessel.

I hope that your week is going well. I am sorry that you are still dealing with so much, but I am glad that you were able to identify it in your session.

Thanks for such a safe place! Melissa

Hi Melissa! It sounds like you are really starting to feel better about therapy now. I hope that from now things will just get better between you and your therapist. If you can't trust him then who can you trust!!! It's such a shame that there are so many survivors who struggle to find a therapist like you and I have, I hope that that changes someday!
Have a wonderful day!
Candy

so very cool about your therapy session. we are blessed with a fantastic psych.

Nici! You don't know how refreshing it is for both you and Melissa to report having such good therapists! When I started this website I got so many emails from survivors who were having a horrible time finding a therapist who believed in MPD/DID. Does this mean that things are turning aroud? I sure hope so!
Talk to you guys later
Candy