D.I.D. a Legitimate Diagnosis
[Message Forum]

Guestbook

I Candy Little being the only operator of this web site and Message Forum comply with C.O.P.P.A. [Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998] with the new requirements for protecting children's privacy online and understand the FTC's enforcement authority; Therefore I do not collect any type of information from children under the age of 13.

Candy Little

Copyright Statement / Privacy Statement  / Disclaimer Statement

D.I.D. A Legitimate Diagnosis Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New alter

I had something happen this week that was a little disturbing. I was in the kitchen doing the dishes. My husband and I were talking about books and how I love them. He made a kidding remark about how I am a shopaholic with books. All of the sudden I was so dizzy that I almost fell over.

I talked to my therapist this week about it. I had a strong feeling that there was an alter there that I had not met. I found out that this alter does not want to share my body with me. In fact, there are two of them like that. My therapist had me draw them. I felt that it was silly to do that since I did not know them. However, as I began to draw, I began to visualize them. One has a smirk on her face. The other is very angry and has an appetite for evil. This was very disturbing to me since I am not that way at all. I love the Lord and want so much to follow Him and be an instrument to him.

I do not get headaches as many have talked about doing. I get dizzy when I feel that there are others competing for time. I have been very good at keeping them from surfacing in the past. Now that I am starting to learn more about them and why I have had amnesia in the past, it is happening more frequently.

My therapist told me to love these that I have found but to draw boundaries around them.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have no recollection of SRA type of things. Of course, I do not have a lot of memories, period. I cannot imagine that happening to me. But I am sure that a lot of people have thought that it could not have happened to them either.

Just needing to get out my thoughts and feelings. It all seems so fuzzy. Does that make sense?

Melissa

Re: New alter

Melissa that makes perfect since. Like you I do not get the bad headaches either when I have another alter surfacing, and I get very dizzy too like you especially if the alter is try to conceal something from me.
I have another alter who does not like people who are happy, you know laughing alot. She doesn't think that there is anything in life that is worth being happy about. I've even lost friends because of her and she has gotten upset with me too with I've been in a happy mood. I know there's a reason for her, I just can't remember and right now I really don't want to go in and look for her. If you know what I mean!
I have found that when I do get dizzy like that, that it's helpful to ground myself by rubbing my hands together or shoufling my feet on the floor but when it doent' work I'm forced to just sit down and "go in" and try to find out what's going on.
Can you tell the difference in the sizes of your alters? I can tell when I'm standing at the kitched cabinet. When there's a smaller alter close by, the cabinets feel huge and I had a supper huge alter close one time I felt like the cabinet was knee high. How strange that was.
Hope the grounding helps!!!
Talk to you later!
Candy