D.I.D. a Legitimate Diagnosis
[Message Forum]

Guestbook

I Candy Little being the only operator of this web site and Message Forum comply with C.O.P.P.A. [Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998] with the new requirements for protecting children's privacy online and understand the FTC's enforcement authority; Therefore I do not collect any type of information from children under the age of 13.

Candy Little

Copyright Statement / Privacy Statement  / Disclaimer Statement

D.I.D. A Legitimate Diagnosis Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Friend has DID/MPD - question for anyone who can help

Hello all

I have a dear friend who has DID/MPD and over the past few months we have grown very close. I have been there for her every step of the way and we have talked just about every day. but last week I stopped hearing from her - just like that. I left her a couple of messages but she has yet to return them.

now here is the thing. when we first met she told me in advance "if you don't hear from me for a few days from time to time don't take it personally". would anyone know what this is about? and although I know she told me not to take it personally I am finding it extremely hard not to. I can't help but think it was something I did but yet I know it wasn't.

so I was just wondering if anyone had any insight to what may be going on here. this is all still new to me and honestly I am a bit worried.

thank you to any and all.

Re: Friend has DID/MPD - question for anyone who can help

I, fortunately, do not have "parts" that cause me to lose track of time. However, I have heard of this happening. Your friend could be experiencing that. I am not sure, of course. I just know that I would do anything for a friend like you. I have friends, but I do not have anyone that I feel comforable enough to tell. I told one of my friends, but she has many issues that she is dealing with herself and does not have the time that I need right now to listen. What an honored friend that you are.

I would keep calling from time to time to let your friend know that you are thinking about her and looking forward to her next phone call.

I am also new to DID (diagnosed about 5 months ago or so). I hope that my post helped. Keep us posted.

God Bless,
Melissa

Re: Friend has DID/MPD - question for anyone who can help

Hi, I can totally relate to this scenario. Try not to take it personally, it has absolutely nothing to do with you. My friend with DID does the same thing. She really isn't there and the one who is there doesn't know me. This seems to be when they are very separate personalities that are not conscious of any of the others. I think that she cared about you enough to warn you ahead of time so that you didn't worry. This seems to me to say she will be back when she is the one who knows you. This is not easy at all to deal with and keep your feelings aside but the one who knows you wont have any recollection of hurting you while she was someone else. I used to worry terribly and she was fine, just happily being someone else doing other stuff with no clue of time gone or what I felt during the wait. I hope this was helpful, they don't mean to hurt us. They are hurting, thats why they go and someone else comes out.
I also have DID but not so distinct separate personalities...should say so far, I like to fool myself sometimes!