D.I.D. a Legitimate Diagnosis
[Message Forum]

Guestbook

I Candy Little being the only operator of this web site and Message Forum comply with C.O.P.P.A. [Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998] with the new requirements for protecting children's privacy online and understand the FTC's enforcement authority; Therefore I do not collect any type of information from children under the age of 13.

Candy Little

Copyright Statement / Privacy Statement  / Disclaimer Statement

D.I.D. A Legitimate Diagnosis Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Did

Its a lonely road even though there are so many with us. Family doesn't understand won't talk with us.I pray one day at least my family will understand.If anyone else is having this promblem please let me know how u deal with this.

Re: Did

I'm so sorry to hear yet another survivor having to go through this. Yes my family is also not very understanding. I guess I've gotten through it by just knowing that they also have their problems (mental) and by accknoledging my condition, they may be forced to remember things that they would rather not.
Maybe that's not even the reason that they don't talk to me anymore but that explanation at least makes me feel comfort and that maybe it's not "me".
I hope this has helped in some way.
I hope you get to feeling better about this!
Candy

Candy Little
Thank you so much it does help some of my family members say their T tells them to stay away from me because I have flashbacks and it bothers them.
Do I need these memories to go on I feel I do?

Oh dear, I wonder why their T tells them to stay away from you! I kind of think that the best way to face issues (for them) would be to talk about it. It seems to me that it might help them to listen to you and maybe everyone could begin to put the pieces of the whole family life together. But that's only my opinion!
You asked if you need these memories to go on! Well do you think that maybe it would help if you were to work on the memories?
The more we go over a memory and bring it out of the darkness, then they begin to loose their power. We were so scared of some of the things that we saw in our head but after we told them to our T they began to become boreing and not scary at all (like they were at first).
I hope this helps! You can write to me if you would like!
Candy Little
webmaster of MPD/DID a Legitimate Diagnosis