Return to Website

Tintagelweb Forum

Welcome to a FREE service for the www.tintagelweb.co.uk Web site. Use this page for discussions, questions but please use the page sensibly. ENJOY!!

Tintagelweb Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Doidge Family History

Hello Laura, My great great grandfather was Langford chilcott doidge mums name gladys doidge born tintagel.Mums dad was francis doidge whose two brothers died in the first world war aged 17 and 19 samuel and william. Grandads dad was Langford Doidge and I think Langford Chilcott Doidge was either his father or grandfather. More likely to be my grandads grandad.

Hi Laura have just managed to gain accecss to the records I have. My great grandad was Langford Chilcott Doidge who died in 1936 from Liver disease (we think). He was married to Martha Ann Pearce died 1939.

Langford's father was William Doidge (apparently the tallest man in the parish). He married Mary Anne Chilcott. This is where the tree branches off down the female line. Mary Anne Chilcott's father was Charles Chilcott whose father was Langford Chilcott. His father was Charles Chilcott born 1742 died 1815. His father was William Chilcott born 1700 died 1745 married Rebecca williams His father was Christopher Chilcott Born 1664 died 1725 he was the vicar of tintagel from 1692. He married Hannah Langford. His father was Robert Chilcott born 1630 in Beaminster Dorset.

Hope this helps thats how far i got Sue

Hi David, My Mothers maiden name was Doidge and she lived in tintagel until 1950. My grandad was francis doidge who died in 1964 in his early 60's from slate dust on the lungs and is buried in the little methodist church yard up on the cliff in tintagel. My grandad had several brothers and sisters two of who i know died in WW1 aged 17 and 19. Their names were Samuel and William. My great grandad was Langford Chilcott Doidge who died 1n 1936 from what we think was liver disease. My great great grandad was william doidge who was married to mary ann chilcott. I still have an uncle living in delabole. hope this helps sue