Return to Website

Tintagelweb Forum

Welcome to a FREE service for the www.tintagelweb.co.uk Web site. Use this page for discussions, questions but please use the page sensibly. ENJOY!!

Tintagelweb Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Harold and Salome Bennett

Hi everyone

I was very interested to see the photograph of Harold and Salome Bennett with children and the cot. My father had always said that 2 Bennett brothers had married 2 Piper sisters, one called Mary Ellen and the other called Salome. My great grandfather George Bennett married a Mary Ellen Piper, could this Salome be her sister? I have never managed to find them together on any census returns I have looked at.

I look forward to receiving any information. Thank you

Re: Harold and Salome Bennett

The photo you speak of is Henry and Salome Bennett my grandparents. I am positive of this as I have that original photo, and came name them. My late Dad was Francis Henry Bennett. A George was my Dads uncle,I have no info re who he married,but if the one you speak off was born in 1857 at St Juliot it will be Dads uncle. I would love to hear more from you,
As you can see I am in NZ but have visited Tintagel area and love it, I feel at home there.
Regards Jean

Re: Re: Harold and Salome Bennett

dear Jean, you may be interested to know that Harold and Salome have a gravestone at St Matierianas Church, Tintagel. It reads 'Sacred to the memory of Harry, the beloved husband of Salome Ann Bennett, who died at Trewinnick, Tintagel April 17th 1923 aged 59 'We'll catch the broken threads again/And finish what we here began/Heaven will the mysteries explain/Then, Ah! then we'll understand' Also of Salome Ann his beloved wife who died April 4th 1946 aged 79 'Whose memory will never grow old''