Return to Website

Tintagelweb Forum

Welcome to a FREE service for the www.tintagelweb.co.uk Web site. Use this page for discussions, questions but please use the page sensibly. ENJOY!!

Tintagelweb Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: William John Bennett

Watch out for the publication called The Book of Tintagel, to be published by Halsgrove and written by Peter Dyer with much help from Tintagel stalwarts, you may find what you are looking for there.
Sarah

Re: William John Bennett

My late Dad was Francis Henry Bennett, son of Henry and Salome Bennett.my Dad had an uncle William born1856 at Lesnewth.
My Grandad Henry was also a lay preacher in Tintagel area. I am sure he was at the Bossinney Chapel.He was also a farm labourer in the Trethevy area.
My late Dad bred jersey cattle and his stud name was Trethevy. As you can see I live in NZ, Dad and Mum came here after Dad was invalided out of WW1.
Hoping I can be of some help to you. If you scan down to the last photo of the old photos of Cornwall, you will see my Grandparents Henry and Salome and 2 of my Aunts, all now deceased.
Regards Jean Driver

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Interesting web site with some fantistic pictures of Tintagel which has prompted me to send this message. I have never seen a picture of my late Grandfather, William John Bennet, who was a lay preacher in the Tintagel area for many years and also worked as a labourer in Trethevey on a farm. He was married to Ivy Bennett with three children. In order to complete my family tree I was wondering if anybody would have a picture of him. This would be very much appreciated.

Thank you