Return to Website

Tintagelweb Forum

Welcome to a FREE service for the www.tintagelweb.co.uk Web site. Use this page for discussions, questions but please use the page sensibly. ENJOY!!

Tintagelweb Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: King Arthurs Terrace history.

Thank you Sarah for your help....I will do some further research to see what comes up in the places you recommend...its just that I am curious about the local history of Tintagel, rather than the Arthurian side. I would have liked to see on a phot what the gardens looked like then & maybe get to view any diaries, especially in the late 19th century & early twentieth c.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: King Arthurs Terrace history.

How lovely, we need more people like you in this village. I'll have some additional info sometime soon because I'm going to try and write an article.

Best wishes,

Sarah

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: King Arthurs Terrace history.

I think the `essence` of village life is in the heart of its social history...so maybe we could request via a local newspaper or this site (which alas is dependant on viewers)...for past recollections etc.
I was talking to somebody the other day who vaguely remembered a Miss or Misses Weeton (or Weadon/Wheeton?) that lived at The Wootons...so was it not always a public house, comes the next question...I don`t suppose you know?
Also the history of the old folks home at the back of the doctors...places like that can hold a treasure of future informatiion that is worth logging down somewhere before it gets lost!
I must get hold of those `collections` you mention, to look over.
Thank you for your help Sarah it is most appreciated.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: King Arthurs Terrace history.

Don't forget the book of tintagel by Pete Dyer available at visitor centre. Wootons used to be a Doctors surgery.

s