Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Ocean is a Monster??

Yet another dream..I have always had very vivid and strange dreams and love that a friend of mine found this site for me to help me understand them. I had a dream last nite about being in a tropical area with my boyfriend and we decided to go down to the beach and get in the ocean. We got on a float together and were floating around and both of us fell asleep and when we woke up we have floated way out and my boyfriend said to me you werent suppose to fall asleep look how far out we are. So we began to paddle back to beach and things were fine. We started back to our room because there was a storm coming in and apparently we were going to get ready to get married that evening. I guess we had eloped or something but we were just having a discussion about gettin ready and how surprised everyone would be when they found out. We stopped just under a shelter to the hotel and the waves started crashing in and we just stood there and watched as some surfers were trying to ride one of the rough storm waves in to the beach when the ocean became like a monster throwing them around and killing all the surfers and i got scared and made my boyfriend go in the hotel with me. We were in the hotel gettin ready for our "big day" when we heard ppl screaming in the hall way and the hotel had begun to flood. It was like the ocean had overflowed and was some huge monster sucking all the ppl it could into it and as far as possible from shore as it could and tossing their bodies around like rag dolls killing everyone insight. And my boyfriend was holding me telling me he loved me as we watched from our balcony cause we were in a room that was higher up and then i woke up and couldnt go back to sleep.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: west virginia 25

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: The Ocean is a Monster??

Curious,
I will look at your dream in-depth on Sunday morning and give an interpretation. And since you have found our site and see the benefits of exploring your dreams, I want to make sure I do my best in trying to help you understand your dreams.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Curious,
Your dream reminds me of the tsunami that hit Southeast Asia a couple of years ago.

It was like the ocean had overflowed and was some huge monster sucking all the ppl it could into it and as far as possible from shore as it could and tossing their bodies around like rag dolls killing everyone insight.

Having read your last dream post 'Fire Dream'
and your response to the interpretations i have a sense this dream is also addressing your relationship with your boyfriend.

Tropical areas are often thought of as places where we can relax. But when life encounters conflicts all that is turned upside down, the seas overflow {emotions overflow} and we are often swept away by those emotions. Just when you think everything is fine, the storms {conflicts} move in and everything you had planned is swept away. Or at least it seems that way. When our emotions run high we often begin to the think the worst.

The monster in your dream is most likely associated with those conflicts you are experiencing in your relationship. Everything that you had dreamed of about the relationship is being swallowed up one by one because of the conflicts. In your dream at the end your boyfriend is holding you and perhaps because you want to be strong and make the relationship work {even with your doubts about him}, you are higher up and the relationship has not yet been swept away.

Does this address some of your emotions about the relationship? The positive thing about your dream is you are 'higher up' and deep down you want the relationship to work. The question is 'will there be worse tsunami' that will sweep away any prospects of the relationship surviving? That of course is primarily up to your boyfriend.

Gerard [prayer]

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Curious,
Gerard's insight to your dream is very much akin to how I would view your dream - Jungians. My style is just more indirect. His more succinct. (Meaning I get wrapped up in the details before getting to the point... )

What are your thoughts on the dream with Gerard's insights?

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present