Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Understanding Archetypes-The Mother Archetype

Excellent article you may want to read discussing the Mother archetype in myth. The author discusses the emotional and psychological patterns associated with the archetypes. Very informative especially if you are female.

The Mother Archetype

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Understanding Archetypes-The Mother Archetype

An example of the Mother archetype as shown in a dream from Jan 1996 titled Gold Light and Rabbit Girl...

I walk into the library (at home). I sit at a desk facing a window. I’m reading a book and watching it snow. The snow floats down soft and dreamy, the gold light baths the room shining out into the night. I see a cute, light brown bunny, slowly hopping along. I sit very still so I won’t scare it. The window runs from floor to ceiling, with panes like a greenhouse. The bunny looks inside, looking at me as if trying to decide if I’m asleep or awake. I sit very still and close my eyes. I peek through barely open eyelids, watching. The bunny changes to a young girl. Dark, long black hair, wearing a thin dress with no coat. She reaches through the glass with both hands to get my book. I open my eyes and hold her hands in mine. I pull her through the glass and hug her. We talk about the book for a moment. I ask if she’s hungry. She replies yes. I tell her I’ll make breakfast, scrambled eggs, sausage and toast. Would she like that? Yes! I lay her down on the recliner to wait. I make her breakfast. We eat breakfast.

This dream also has deep spiritual meaning for me. I woke from the dream with a deep peace, as though held by a divine presence, the gold light.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Understanding Archetypes-The Mother Archetype

Sounds like a wonderful dream, Kathy.

The mother/goddess archetype is a wonderful one to experience - on the benevolent side!
The dream, posted a while back, where a archetypal, goddess type female archetype, shows me rolling green hills and asks me to take care of them and to 'look after nature', was one of the most peaceful, relevant, calm and happy dreams I have ever had.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yup

stats from 7-14-10 to the present