Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
makeup

I dreamed that my mom lived in an another country for thirty years after leaving her own country, then got rid of all of her possessions and moved to another country. She was lonely. I was looking at all of her stuff, jewellery, makeup, she had beautiful colors and lots of makeup kits. She was angry that my husband's brother didn't hang out with her. She baked sugar cookies with blue sugar, I said she used to make these when we were kids, but she really didn't. I asked her for one of her makeup boxes to give me for my jewelery and she empties it, put the jewellery in another box and gave it to me. She seemed estranged from my dad somehow. There was still conflict between us but without my dad around it seemed less pronounced. She was sad and unhappy. I was wearing blue jeans with white marks and a jean jacket which was unflattering. I went through my skirts to chose a mauve corduroy skirt that was more flattering, that I gave away before I moved. Someone was helping me go through my clothes, my mom's room was actually a store.

Thank you,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36/Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: makeup

hi may,
just off the top of my head,
this feels like introspection,going over old things,
the dream may reflect a few issues that you have overlooked and need to be looked at again in depth,
the store as your mothers house could suggest this aspect of, memories with regard to this time of your life,
its all part of the journey as you know,
mid-life spring cleaning for the psyche!
hope this starts the ball rolling ,
regards steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: makeup

Hi Steve,

thank you for your reply. I totally agree. Also, here are some of my thoughts, what do you think?

Thanks,
May

The inner meaning
Mother complex, which was in one part of the psyche for almost all my life (thirty years), after having already moved, lost some of its power over me and has moved to yet another part of my psyche. I am exploring new unconscious spaces.

I suffer a deep soul loneliness, my femininity was lost, removed.

My animus is separating from her, not hanging out with her, she is trying to use childish bribes to get me to fall back in her clutches, but it isn't working. (cookies with blue sugar.) I take some feminine aspect from her, for myself. Though she didn't give me actual emblems of femininity, like make-up and jewellery, rather she kept the jewellery for herself, she gave me a container. A container, a feminine capacity to hold feminine and empowering qualities. In place of the complex, is new potential, new growth, new femininity. My animus is no longer her ally, working against me. Even far-distant aspects of my animus are breaking free from her. I don't take her jewellery, her legacy, I only take the container with the intent to put my own jewellery in it, my own maturation, my own identity. Though her box was originally a makeup box, she kept jewellery in it. Though it had to do with levels of the persona and self-image, underneath that it contained her soul, but she moved her things out of the way for me.

She is estranged from my father complex as well. (Divide and conquer.) Without the father complex interfering, her hold on me is less potent.

I changed from masculine dress to feminine dress, from masculine fabrics and colors to more feminine ones. The femininity that I once lost, I have regained. Other forces in my psyche are standing by, ready to help, what was the realm of the mother's complex is opening to me as a storehouse of potential growth and found energy, and femininity.

The outer meaning
The dream is helping me process moving, losing my possessions, the relationship between my parents, as well as telling me what is happening with my in-laws, and clues how to dress, makeup; the hope that my always complex relationship with my mother can be reconciled somehow, that we make-up. That I feel my dad isn't really around for me, left over childhood issues, sorting through things I should have finished in early adolescence, that are still demanding attention in early mid-life. Issues also with body image, as somehow related to the mother complex, a resolution has happened there, and a depression from childhood is beginning to lift (blue sugar, blue jeans), and turn to something more happy, more regal; Mauve. Actually the color is more of a burgundy on the side of purple, or wine color. The box, and the references to femininity, as well as the color of the clothes, make me think of Sangreal, royal blood, the Holy Grail. (Purple is the color of Royalty.) Add to that all the archetypal meanings in general of 'Mother'. For me I feel this dream represents the lifting of a dominating mother complex after many, many years. (Thirty.) Thirty also has many connotations, Jesus began his ministry at the age of Thirty, and if I subtract thirty from my age I get six, a very significant age for me because of some childhood issues. All in all, a dream showing that I am on the path, and doing well. (At least that is what I think it means.) Any ideas to my thoughts on my dream are very welcome.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36/Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Re: makeup

may,
i think you have got it nailed,
the symbols in the dream as you say, represent the issues that are still floating around in there,
you are starting to break away from the hold they have on you,and starting to integrate more of your own identity,its the road to individuation and freedom you are on,
you will need to travel light.
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present