www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com

Read the following. Posted Dreams follows.

Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams reveal vital information that expose the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation metaphorical of the emotional energies and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    sex dream with feathers

I dreamt I was in a swimming pool and I was giving lessons to a bunch of female friends. I was showing them how to give a perfect head job. A queue of very nice looking young blokes lined up on the side of the pool and as I demonstrated I showed my friends how each man has different bit of him that are more sensitive to touch. The young guys were agreeing, some saying, yeah- underneath, some saying this section here etc. Then I got to a guy who seemed to have a penis made of parrots feathers, in green and gold. I think that this weas the most vivid bit of the dream. the feathers were almost like a flower when I looked at them closely. His sensitive bit was right at the centre of the head of his feather penis. It opened up as I touched it.the end

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: sex dream with feathers

Hi Maria

where to start with this dream ,,, the colours perhaps - green: new growth, fertility + gold: the sun, masculine (the moon representing the feminine energy : silver).

The feathers that open up like a flower, with the most sensitive part at the centre ,,, reminds me of the imagery of chakras. I forget the colours of the second chakra ,,, to which this dream could be linked, as it is sexual in nature - but I think it is less likely.
    The masculine is about creativity - the seed of creation, an idea, that the feminine then receives. This dream seems to address how you, through your feminine aspects can bring forth this creative aspect / seed ,,, in yourself or in the partner you are wil ,,, more likely within yourself or the world around you as there were many young men. You appreciate that the way to bring forth this creativity is different in different situations.

I guess you may ask about the feathers ,,, well there might be some long shots here I don't know - birds are a symbol of transcendence ,,, and gurus sometimes wave feathers around ,,, they are incredily delicate ,,,, and yet can take a bird to flight ,,,up to you

what are your thoughts ?
    Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Maria,
    Steve has addressed the metaphorical possibilities of your dream. But what about your personal sex life? Does any of the dream address real desires or experiences? Do you feel you are a liberated type who enjoys sex {as anyone with a good sex life should?}. The dream may be addressing those aspects.

Or should we stick with the metaphors Steve suggested?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Maria - it sounds like a dream celebrating and acknowledging your sexuality and confidence and heralding a new way forward in this area of your life.
    I agree with what Justin and Gerard have already said, especially the colours symbols which would signify personal growth and 'expertise' in this area of your life. The feathers could be signifying ' a feather in your cap' - this is reinforcing the idea, that you are happy and confortable with your sexuality and your way forward with this, almost an expert in fact.
    I would add one more thing to do with the 'flower' metaphor though; flowers are usually used to signify woman's sexuality and genitalia when presented 'opening up' in this way - think of the floral paintings of Georgia O'Keefe, the American painter for example.
    Again, this is suggesting that by being confident and comfortable in what you are doing/your approach to men's sexuality, you are in fact, opening up and moving forward with your own.
    This is based purely on the symbols, but I would say your reactions, emotions and responses are vital.
    It is how you FELT about the symbols in this dream and what was happening that are important.
    Ie some women may have had the same dream and responded with fear, disgust, love, anger, calm - etc
    Each individual response, especially where sexual dreams are concerned is very important.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yup

Hi, and thanks for all the interpretations on this one. Its taken me a while to think about this one. I went on a date last week with a man who is very into birds- so I was going to wait until I'd seen him until I looked again at the feathery penis theme. This man is a very creative and active person, but I dont know about taking it any further as we are incompatible in some pretty fundamental ways. Ive previously stayed in a mindset that if Im having sex with someone then its partnership girlfriend/ boyfriend style, but perhaps I should think about other forms of relationship - bring out my inner slapper if you like?

I am not in a relationship currently, Gerard. I have had lots of dreams about sex recently though. The theme that reoccurs is of horses, (four beautiful thoroughbred horses last night)-also of giving good head jobs to men, or experiencing very ecstatic sex.

I havent considered myself that sexy in the past, But I have been told very good things by past boyfriends. I assumed it was just flattery - but perhaps in these dreams Im recognising this aspect of myself.

A few nights ago I dreamt of going to Tibet/Ireland (not that they are the same, but in my dream they were- both very spiritual places to my mind) with drystone walls, farming land and a monastery. I sit down with a head monk who throws me a soft blond ponytail. Then I go to a stable/cell and have to finish my task- which is to put the ponytail over my eyes. After I do this, money appears on the ground for me and others who have finished our tasks. We pick the money up. Then I see a ruggedly handsome monk wearing a sheepskin thrown over his shepards clothes. He comes in for me, i fall instantly in love with him- hes like the leading man in a movie.Devastatingly good looking- strong from outdoor work, darkish beard and shaved head and spiritual countenance. (Shit- hes like my ex-boyfriend when I put it like that- this ex actually builds drystone walls too).Its mutual and he takes me outside and without a word we have ecstatic sex in a lush field! I get up to leave and he tells me he needs to think about the past, and past girlfriends before he can decide on what to do next. My emotions are happy but also the sense of waiting and feeling humbled to do my tasks.
    In waking life Im studying.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yep

stats from 7-14-10 to the present