www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com

Read the following. Posted Dreams follows.

Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams reveal vital information that expose the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation metaphorical of the emotional energies and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Creative Block

I am having one of those creative blocks. The past couple of days my intuitive insights have failed me. Helena, Aleksandra and angelique's posts have been very difficult to read, more so than usual. I look at recent events in my life and I see many reasons for this. And as usual it is primarily the social dragon that is to blame. The path is an adventure but there are so many dragons to slay. The never ending story.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Creative Block

Perhaps you are also putting too much pressure on yourself Gerard?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yup

For example, any creative person is them 'selves' and all that that entails in the psychological sense and dream sense we deal with here, ut also 'part of the creative process too'. Think about what Joesph Campbell says about 'bliss'. When we submerge ourselves in a creative process we enjoy, we are content and 'go with the flow'. When we try to 'force' something to happen, sometimes we come up against a brick wall. Sometimes focusing on something mundane and to build up routine again, alongside rest helps us to 'let go' and connect with the flow again.
    Very easily said, rather than done, and I have also had times in my life ( for example in my twenties at art college) where it didn't matter what I did, I just couldnt 'do' anything!
    Let's hope it passes.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yup

Claire,
    I could be trying too hard. I know I'm trying very hard to escape the social dragon.
    And it will pass. Often I have had spells where I can not 'see' as clearly as I wish. And it almost always is when the social dragon puts demands on my time. Thanks for the encouragement.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Creative Block

gerard ,
    i know how you feel,being pulled in different directions takes its toll,
    i have also noticed, the effort you have put into a few recent dream posts,and still on going,
    hang in there.
    regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

I know that Iam new to this forum,But if iam not overstepping my bounds,I would like to add that meditation is a huge stump remover for me,and to all who utilize its enormous possibilities.Deep callth unto deep.Iam sure you know that 20 mins of real meditaion is an equivilent to an 8 hrs of sleep.It sounds like you lend yourself alot to others quite a bit which is awsome,but we do need to regenerate from time to time.Get out and go do what you love to do physicaly,sometimes we just gotta get out of the head for a while. .Iam sure im not saying anything you dont already know!!!!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33 yuba city ca

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

angelique,
    You are welcomed and encouraged to comment on any post at the Forum. You'll find this to be a thoughtful and respective 'community' and everyone has something to contribute. We learn from other people's experiences, dream wise and in our waking lives. Unless I am mistaken the psychology of dreams has caught your interest. If it fits your intellect, something you probably have already recognize, it can provide so many insights for you in the future. The contributors have all pretty much have been 'caught up' by our dreams. No hierarchy, no structure, other than just being yourself and being honest.

Yoga is an excellent form of release. I've practiced in some form over the years and in every day take time to meditate. Still the mind. Campbell has described as a pond of water with no ripples. Thought are the ripples.
    Physical fitness has been a part of my lifestyle since 1980 and it has gotten me through some tough times. In fdact I just returned from the gym. I do a lot serious thinking when I work out. I have learned to tune everything out and concentrate on the 'deep' stuff.

Of course in no shape or form am I a rhodes scholar. I have graduated Road Come Lota. Common Sense U.

Speaking of yoga, Joseph Campbell does a wonderful job in explaining the Kundalini yoga in his book Transformations of Myth Through Time

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present