www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com

Read the following. Posted Dreams follows.

Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams reveal vital information that expose the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation metaphorical of the emotional energies and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    I believe this dream has significance

It started out with a bunch of people whom I do not know in reality. All of us were in and around a house and backyard. There was an old man and a sharp dressed looking "hot-shot" young man who did not get alomg. The young man had a bruise on his face from the old guy who had hit him. I was the peacemaker ,I guess, and got in the old mans face and told him that he should stop hitting people or else he would have to deal with me. The old man was drunk of course so I then poured out his bottle of vodka or whatever. Later on the young man was missing and everybody was looking for him. The old man of course stayed inside and wasnt interested. The gang finally saw the crow in the corner of the yard digging up a corpse and pointing at it with its beak. I knew at that instance that it was the young man. I then woke up. This dream was very terrifying and i have interperated it myself but i would like to see other opnions too. So what do you all think?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20/m/az

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: I believe this dream has significance

John,
    I too believe this dream has significance. The unknown people {unknown or unrealized aspects about yourself}, the backyard {things stored in the back of your mind, your unconscious}, and the crow {messenger from your unconscious} all point to something within your psyche that is seeking attention. The dream may be bordering on a 'mana' personality since there seems to be an internal abusive 'wise old man'. My sense is there is something being projected, either by you or upon you, or both.

The 'hot shot' sharp dressed young man would be an ego concept of yourself. This aspect would be in conflict with your wiser inner self. You are also the mediator {a function of dreams}.
    The bruise and hitting would represent injuries to yourself, resulting from this inner conflict. You may be intoxicated by traits you possess, even though the old man is given the blame {and not the young man}.

I'm sensing there may be some real life experiences here also that play into this dream scenario. Perhaps an abusive father.

Because of these internal conflicts I sense you may be having trouble locating your true self, perhaps coming to grips with your true emotions. The crow {'black' bird, messenger from the unconscious} is trying to dig up a part of you that is buried, the corpse representing dead emotions.

Are there issues in your relationship with your father? Are you afraid you may becoming like him? This may be the conflict the dream is trying to address.

If there are not problems in that relationship then there is most likely conflicts in other aspects in your life and it is threatening to 'become' you. If there is not an abusive relationship {most likely with your father} then you are beating up on yourself for some other reason, a psychological reason. Since you have interpreted the dream yourself do my words add to that? Your interpretation, and your impressions of my interpretation, should shed light on what conflicts your unconscious is dealing with.

One last question which may be grasping at straws. Do you have a son?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

The strange thing is, my father wasn't the least bit abusive. Of course he gave me the occasional slap on the top of my head for being a brat but nothing severe. Thank you for the 2nd opinion, hopefully it will help me make better sense of the dream.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20/m/az

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

John,
    If there was not an abusive father then look to your own attitudes toward yourself for possible abuses. It would have been nice if you would have commented more. To fully understand dreams one must be ready to participate in their understanding. But the world goes on in dreamless wonder.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present