Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Skiing

I have been trying to figure out what skiing symbolizes in a dream. I was dreaming that I went skiing with a bunch of people and I am telling them that the first hill always scares me but I take wide turns and I make it down (which is how I truly feel). I also say that when you see a person go straigt down the hill its usually because the don't know how to ski. We make it down about half way when all the snow disappears & all that's left is grass lots of green grass so we walk down the rest of the way & go to the Chalet for drinks. Any thoughts? Can anyone tell me if it is normal to have clear vivid dreams everynight? Am I awaking in a certain stage that allows me to remember because I am not making an effort to remember. Thanks!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34, Toronto Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Skiing

Jana,
Going down hill is better than having to climb up. Whatever the issue this dream is addressing {skiing involves snow which could represented repressed emotions} you apparently have designed a way, or routine, of navigating around this issue. Instead of facing it head on {skiing straight down} you maneuver around it.
The dream may be indicating you have come half way in addressing this issue. There you find green grass, a symbol of fertility and growth. What we need to determine is what aspects need to addressed so you can continue your personal growth.

Some people have vivid dreams and are able to remember them without any difficulty. Some people never even realize that they dream. It all depends on the person. Why that is so is not yet understood. Has this always been the case or is just recently you have begun to have such vivid dreams? That may be telling why you do have these type of dreams.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I have been remembering my dreams ever since I was a child. I have always been told that I have a vivid imagination, also thatI am a sensitive person. I wonder if my dreams are just a reflection of that. I have been interested in finding out if these dreams have any meaning to them since I can recall them so clearly. At night to help me sleep, I take a bath & I make sure that I don't eat, watch tv or read before I go to bed (hoping this will clear all my thoughts) I rarely wake up feeling refreshed. I am also a very light sleeper every sound seems to wake me up so I started wearing earplugs.Any thoughts? Thank you for your input.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34, Toronto Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Jana,
A vivid imagination may be one reason why you do have vivid dreams. It is difficult to determine just why some people are able to remember their dreams. But personal traits may contribute to it. I will keep your statement in mind when pondering that question in the future.

As for your sleeping habits, being easy awoken may be due to life conditions. Stress, even if is less than it may have been, tends to make sleep difficult. I dare say if you were to seek advice from a professional you could probably determine why you do have such problems with sleep.

And rarely waking up and feeling refreshed. That is something I have given much thought to since I too have had the same problem {I think most people do}. I seldom have problems sleeping though, in fact that is one aspect in my life I don't suffer with. I go to bed early and rise early getting between 7-8 hours of sleep every night. Any real deviation from that routine causes me to feel horrible.

I have discovered that eating habits has a lot to with how I feel in the morning. Also whether I keep with my physical fitness routine. Being fit helps, with so many aspects. Of course as I get older {57 come this March} I am more aware of my physical condition. Unlike many my age I don't take any medications other than aspirin. No high pressure, heart disease or any other ailments many my age suffer with. I attribute that to a fitness routine {since 1980} and eating well, and less, plenty of rest and little stress. Life style determines so much about how we feel, think and act.
Pay me now or pay me later. The work I have put into being healthy seems to have paid off.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present