www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com

Read the following. Posted Dreams follows.

Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams reveal vital information that expose the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation metaphorical of the emotional energies and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    vampires and the devil!

Came out of this dream feeling quite pleased with all the tasty metaphors!
    Start of the dream was quite different to the end part, not sure if they are about the same topic.
    I was on my journey home (?from work). Had to change trains for the last leg of the journey, went down stairs borded waiting train with other passengers. Took a seat, then realised i was sitting in the middle of a group of teenages, drinking and spray-painting the walls, being "un-ruley". They started passing bags between each other that where hitting me in the head. Then they stole my bag and several pairs of my shoes that they started wearing, not paying any attention to the fact they were mine. I finally got up and confronted one of the girls and punched her in the face! Then i was outside in a park at night sitting down with others i didnt know but we were chatting like friends. The ground started to slope away from me and i was trying to hold onto this "heavy" woman to stop her falling. It seemed not to be too serious and she was laughing and joking. Then the people turned into vampires. One turned into my dog but with very sharp teeth with blood on them. I felt this was all wrong and was complaining that i didnt want to be a vampire as well.Then i took it upon myself to do something about it, and i turned into a man and went around the corner to "meet" my attackers. As i got around the corner i saw a man at the top of a steep hill throw a dagger at me, i dodged it but it stopped mid flight and turned at me. It then stuck in the ground at my feet in the middle of a road. It then spun into the air and chopped its own sharp tip off! Then back into the ground. The man flew down inorder to attack me, then his "wife/partner" flew down as well to join in the battle. She waved martial arts weapons at me and they closed in for the kill! I said to them that i wasnt a vampire and i didnt have any special powers so they could kill me now and i would die easily but it wouldnt be much of a challenge for them, and the "war" would be over and she would be pregnant with nothing to do or fight for. She thought about it and imagined herself pregnant and she didnt like the idea so she smiled in a sinister way and raised me up without touching me and said that i could have special powers if i took/stole the jewel from satin himself and then we could have a proper fight. I imagined hell and saw fires in a cave and satan was a skeleton with a yellow jewel at his feet. He was just going about his buisness not really garding this jewel.I agreed to the challenge and she allowed me down. Both her and her man were pleased with themselves believing i could never do such a task. As i left i kissed the woman on the lips as a farewell. It was very tender and i said "i used to love you once" she said "feel the love you once felt from me" but not loving me at all now- like it was over and now we were enemies. Then i (me in waking life) took the me who was the man away by the hand and we both flew off like cartoon angels with white ribbons flowing behind us!!!!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29 australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: vampires and the devil!

i think i get most of the dream. But could someone please help me out with the dagger that cut its tip off, and the part at the end with the kiss goodbye and the love stuff. Is it about my shadow? A part of me that used to be integrated but not now? Any insights would be great
    edwina

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29 australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Edwina,
    I apologize that no one has interpreted your dream. I will look at it in the morning and give you my interpretation.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Whoops! Edwina, I got so carried away in our conversation about meaning and bliss I will have to take a look at your dream later today. I will do that, that's a promise.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Edwina,
    If you would please e-mail me so we can discuss your dream. I took some time to look at it and began an interpretation. It is very long and takes many directions and I want to make the best of any additional info you gave provide. Especially your new found interest in dreams and the psyche. I see some patterns but which is the main focus is not so clear.

you can contact e-mail me here

stats from 7-14-10 to the present