www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com

Read the following. Posted Dreams follows.

Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams reveal vital information that expose the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation metaphorical of the emotional energies and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    meeting odin and freya ,a puzzle,

hi,
    i am hoping that someone could help solve a bit of a riddle within this dream,
    the dream,
    i am in viking like village,daily life is going on,it is sunny,
    a cart goes by from left to right ,on it are various goddesses,i wave at one and smile,she reciprocates the gesture,
    i am then sat outside my house when a huge powerful flaxen haired man appears on my left with his wife,
    they sit down beside me,
    the male turns and stairs me straight in the eyes,i have blue eyes and i am hoping i will be accepted as one of them,
    it is then that i realize the male has only one real eye,and is infact the norse god odin and his wife freya,
    it becomes apparent that he is checking me out to see if i am suitable to marry his daughter,who was the one on the cart,
    i am accepted,they approve of me,
    seems i have a big house and lots of land,
    this is the puzzle i need some comments on if anyone can see anyhting,
    odin says to me,
    we are half an hour from africa,but we live in austrailia,i deduced in the dream that by being half an hour from africa meant, we where in spain,
    i find this a bit perplexing,
    any pointers,
    steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: meeting odin and freya ,a puzzle,

Steve,
    Could half an hour relate to degress of circumference than literally time? A clock or time is circular # 360 degrees and cyclical, earth is circular and cyclical. Position of each geographic location (Iceland/Northwest Atlantic, Africa, Spain, Australia, where is each relative to a position on the circumference...

The end is a beginning, stripping away of something. now a receptivity to the new. What and which of these locations speaks feminine goddess to you? and why?

Kind regards,
    Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: meeting odin and freya ,a puzzle,

and half would be 180 degrees, again 9, with half point the equator at 0 degrees lattitude of north/south, of the two poles masculine and feminine. Africa as middle earth, Australia as south, Norse territory as north? not sure how Spain would fit into that though.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Re: meeting odin and freya ,a puzzle,

hi kathy,
    interesting way of looking at it,
    i have been looking at the atlas,with your question in mind,which would be the feminine,
    i think it would have to be africa,it has been called the cradle of humanity,the root from whence we all came,the mother land so to speak,
    i think of australia as the land of the dream time,
    as it is on the other side of the world,the land down under,the otherworld etc,this is the realm of gods and myth ,odin said thats where he lived,
    as to spain,which, whatever it means ,is where i am,
    still stuck on that bit,
    there is a gulf between spain and africa,
    the mediteranian sea,which means the inland water,
    and is ,on looking at it a bit like a womb,uterus,narrow at one end,
    may have meaning or not,
    i will look at your other ideas,
    thanks steve,

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Re: Re: Re: meeting odin and freya ,a puzzle,

also,just been looking at numbers,
    the northlands,spain,and africa,comes to 3,the 4th, could be australia,
    odin,freya,me,3 the 4th being the female,his daughter in the dream,again may be relavent or not,
    steve

stats from 7-14-10 to the present