Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Death of My dog

In this Dream I am watching my dog get put to sleep. What's really weird is that I am holdong him and the lower half of his body is wrapped in plastic wrap and you can tell he is in pain , but the veterinarian does not want to do anything, she is telling me that it is not his time, and I feel strongly that it is, because he has tumors throughout his body, and they have infiltrated his major organs. As I was holding him, ( I finally got the vet to agree that he needs to be put to rest) against my shoulder he said I love you mama! I started crying and I felt it in my chest, because I was trying to hold back as much of the emotion as I could. Then they injected him, but instead of it going peacefully his rolled to the back of his head and he started having a seizure, it was a very painful passing. I woke up with my chest hurting and crying from this dream. In reality my dog was put to sleep because he had large tumors in his kidneys and liver, Unfortunately I was not there to see his passing, and I guess I feel guilty.

Lost in California

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33 California

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Long time Ago

Re: Death of My dog

Nicole,
Most likely your dream is addressing the deep affection you had for your dog and perhaps the guilt of not being there. It may also be addressing something deeper within yourself. Some of the details of the dream may be primarily related to your dogs actual affliction {as perceived} and may not have any real meaning other than that. If there is a deeper meaning to the dream I would look at the statement "I love you mama!". I noticed the exclamation mark at the end of that sentence. Most often such unconscious notes within a dream point to actual waking life emotions. There may be some elements of your relationship with your real mother that the dream is addressing. Is she still living. Examine that relationship and see if any of the dream fits with it. You may have to look beyond the mere words {for instance, what could the word veterinarian be a metaphor for?}. If you don't see any relationships then the dream should be taken at face value {guilt and pain}. At least as the primary reason for the dream.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present