Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
a new house

I live in a new house. actually it's not mine, somebody gave it to me for free. I still own my old house. I don't know my way around. I have my first guests. It's a couple I like very much. I serve them food, but I still have to look for it and it takes me some time. My friends say, that must be very unconfortable not knowing where the food is. I answer, that's normal when you are new at a place. Then I find a few spots where some fire is burning and turn it off, thinking that's too dangerous, since I don't know the house yet well enough and it is very very big.
Thanks, Iris

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: a new house

iris,
Houses are most often symbolic of the dreamer, the house is you. Or at least some aspect of the dreamer. Look at new events or experiences in your life and compare those to your dream. Is there something new in your life that you still don't know your way around? Food often represent emotional nourishment> are there aspects of your life where there is a need for such nourishment and you are at a loss to understand where to look for it? You probably are aware of this aspect of your life since it is 'normal' to be uncomfortable in such situations. And the fire. What fires are burning in your life that seem to pose a danger? You may need to explore more about this aspect of your life since there may be things that are unknown, and seemingly dangerous.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Gerard,

First thanks a lot for the interpretation.
Now I understand the symbol of the house - it's the new me, since I'm going to start a new live, moving from US to Europe - not knowing at all what's expecting me there. Although I know deep inside that I have to do this change, I still cannot imagine my live over there. What is going to nourish me, since I'm giving up so many personal things right now. The fire is still unclear to me. Can it be connected to an illness I have, that I try to cure with a diet - the progress is very slow. Might there be the danger?
Thanks, Iris

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

iris,
Very keen observation on the possible meaning of 'burning fire'. I recall Jung stating fire could represent a physical 'fever' as dream metaphor. So that is a real possibility in your dream.

But there may be more to do the fire symbol.
Fire can represent energies, psyche energies {kundalini}, emotional energies, that go to the core of who we are. You are having to give up so much of your old self to your new life, perhaps extinguishing certain positive aspects. Perhaps there is a fear those aspects will not fit with your new life, a reason you willingly give them up.

As for the symbol of a house. From my years of experience with interpreting dreams, a house is metaphor for the dreamer. And that seems to be a constant in all dreams. Your old house, the new house, your waking life. It fits. From my experience it always does. And when we begin to understand the other metaphors and compare it the waking conscious life.....there it is!

How your dream speaks to your new house, and how that new house is free, is fascinating it its metaphorical references {I'm reading something into it which may or may not be correct} . I believe if you give that part ' actually it's not mine, somebody gave it to me for free you will find a place where it fits. And it will be meaningful because it will represent your true feelings/emotions. That's what dreams do, reveal the true self.

You mention diet. That is something I believe so important to good health. Especially as we age. Studies have shown that to be true. And I find the body responds positively as long as you stay dedicated to the routine. I pay attention to what I eat, giving special attention to saturated fat. The only medications I take is a natural fiber {most everyone should} and a one a day multivitamin. What we put into our bodies not only defines who we are but also how we look and feel.

And when I do stray and eat something I shouldn't. My body let's me know... literally. But that's good because it is nature's way of 'telling' you what is good and what is not.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Gerard,
Everything you say makes much sense to me. It's very profound. May be after all I don't have to give up everything. It could be that I'm too hard on myself. Nobody is forcing me - I have to be more relaxed and integrate the new house very slowly.
Thank you, Iris

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present