Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dreams in times of personel distress

Since this is my first post allow me to give some back ground information. i have on several occasions had dreams that seemed to be more than just dreams. I dreamed that my mothers dog was going to die in her garage, and 3 days latter it happened. i have also dreamed that I was going to have to wake my wife and give the news that her grandmother died, this also came true a week or so latter. Not that it was totally out of the blue, but the timing was weird.
Also several times over the years I have had "visitation" dreams, usually it is in the form of a pet I had many years ago, that during my troubled high schoolyears was always at my side. In these dreams she would appear to me and I would get to hold her and pet her.

Anyway, during the last few weeks there has been a tremendous amount of turmoil in my family over my grandparents home which i have found myself in the middle( as most peace keepers do). So the other night I dreamed that I was in my grandparents home, and my grandmother appeared. She was much younger, but still recognizable. She came up to me and gave me a hug, at that instant I fell asleep. like a child in her arms, while I was asleep I could hear her talking to other people. When I awoke I was sitting next to her on the couch and she Said to me its really sad what has become of my home, and I am sorry about what has happened to me. Then we said goodbye and as she was leaving two other women appeared by the front door, and as they were leaving she was telling them what great memories she had from the home.

I woke up ringing wet from sweat, and as soon as I could went down stairs to call my sister to see how many sister she had. I knew that this was very important information to my dream, and the answer was 2. Of course I got choked up after hearing this. I haven't told anyone in my family except my sister. Because I don't know if I want anyone else to know, maybe this was just for me.

I would say that this was a self serving dream, letting myself off the hook so to speak, but as in all of my dreams of significants there is a small detail that sort of elevates it. For example the 2 sisters, I didn't know the number of sister my grand mother had,as they had both died years ago. but there they stood.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32 Nebraska

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Dreams in times of personel distress

Hi rjj8599

well i feel that I have to take a firm stance here ,,,, are you asking about the validity of your dream(s) ,,, if so, what more proof do you need to trust yourself. This is a great source of strength and insight - use it well, honour it, treat this access you have with the deeper aspects of consciousness with respect. I am sure you do ,, otherwise you would not have been sweating and you are certainly not dismissive of your dreams. So good on you.

If you are asking if this type of knowlegde is possible through dreams - well it seems that it is. Have a look over this site and at other parts of Jung's work.

The other noteable feature of your dreams and your post is the strong feminine predominance ,,,

There are refenences to 'three sisters' in myth and legend ,,, a bit like the treee wise men ,,, so this would take your dream onto a broader symbolic platform.

Maybe keep a dream journal and see what else is in there

All the best
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Dreams in times of personel distress

rjj8599,

How or why is merely a situation we, humans, are just not at a stage of psychic (of the Psyche) development to see or fully understand. The experience of precognative dreams, or intutitive knowledge through dreams, is widely known to those that are open to exploring the mysteries of life.

I have had similar experiences. Many do they just don't believe in the validity of the experience. These very experiences propelled me to the path of exploring dreams, spirituality...life.

A similar dream I had follows:
I ride in the back seat of a car with my father, his arm around me. (I feel safe and comforted.) Nelson, closest family friend, drives. My father begins to speak about death. He tells me death is not an end. We continue but in a very different way. When I ask what it is he pauses. Nelson looks over the seat at us. I can see they are struggling to find a way to define it. But can not explain it to me as if there is no reference or context that correlates to this life so I would not be able understand. Dad says it's differeny honey, just know death is not an end.

In waking life that night Lee, a friend, coworker, mentor, died. Nelson and Lee bore a striking physical resemblance. And both treated me as a daughter. Was the dream 'just a dream'? Or my father, Lee and Nelson coming to me to ease the pain and confusion I would experience on the following day? To help me in a time of personal distress as you so aptly describe...

We're indoctrinated to discount these experiences as invalid and unnatural. Part and parcel of the dogmatic religious who wish to reserve this for 'the chosen' to effect the power structure. Exactly the opposite of how our ancient ancestors perceived these experences. To them this type of experience was valid and natural to everyone.

Just a few thoughts on the topic...

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present